Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Lights

Christmas Lights

I have been using the multi mini lights for years,But this year I would like to use the lights of my childhood years ya know the ones I'm talking about....I don't know the name but they are the large kind that maybe a count of 25 on each set.
    What about you what colors and or types of lights do you use
    Last edited by tlazer; 11-16-2008 at 09:36 PM.

I have fond memories of those big Christmas bulbs. Although, they do get pretty hot compared to the newer small ones. Might want to do some research about that before you burn your house down. I could be wrong about that though.

yes I remember the heat of them.I'm undecided maybe if I get a fake tree? I don't know

I have one tree that is all ornaments that are 40years or older and passed down from grandmothers, my mother and my late husbands grandmother and mother. Last year was the first year I set it up that way and I had mini lights on it but this year I am going to do the older lights. The new/older looking lights are not near as hot as the originals. I have some of the originals and am debating on using them - the cord is still good so that is not a problem - it is just the heat

I like the newer mini lights myself. They are not as heated and look like twinkling stars.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

lynnenc

you mention the new older looking ones can you describe it for me?

they are the C7 size bulb - the kind that are used in the Christmas window candles and also nightlights. you can buy strands of them. I also think you can get the same look in the new LED lighting but I am not ready to switch over to LED yet. Target has a nice wide variety of older looking lights for Christmas trees in LED

Thank you Lynn I'll have to check it out

I bought some led lights which give you the look with the bigger bulbs. They are nice and they do not get hot and use less energy. I have them on one of my small wall trees and another small tree.

:light: C7 Christmas Lights

When I was a child I remember helping my dad put up strands of the C7 bulbs around our garage and elsewhere on the house...I remember them getting very hot, but I'm not sure if the new ones still get that way.

Here's a couple of links for you to check out tlazer:
    http://www.bethlehem-lights.com/reels.htm
    http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/C7-C9-Bulbs.asp
    http://www.christmas-lights-direct.c...-1-c-1913.html

And welcome to the forums!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com