Page 17 of 158 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the Weather?

Been here most the evening, about 5c..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Cool and cloudy, about 3c..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Overcast - warmish.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Dipping down only going to be between 8 and 21 degrees here.

cloudy, 12c.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

It was close to 70F yesterday. It was actually humid! People were running around in short-sleeves and no jackets. The last of the snow melted - so no white Christmas
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Well, my hometown (Maidstone, Kent, UK) has today, Christmas Day 2013, been hit by its largest flood since the 1960s. This comes after the largest storm since 1987 which hit us on Monday night which brought down trees and caused a lot of damage to the local area. My family are fortunate, we weren't one of over 17,000 families in Kent who are spending today without electricity, so I'm very thankful for that. We have another severe storm forecast for tomorrow night, so we are expecting more damage to come.
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySeason View Post
    Well, my hometown (Maidstone, Kent, UK) has today, Christmas Day 2013, been hit by its largest flood since the 1960s. This comes after the largest storm since 1987 which hit us on Monday night which brought down trees and caused a lot of damage to the local area. My family are fortunate, we weren't one of over 17,000 families in Kent who are spending today without electricity, so I'm very thankful for that. We have another severe storm forecast for tomorrow night, so we are expecting more damage to come.
    Thats terrible news, I was really sad reading your post.
    Hope you re all doing ok and also hope you have no damages with the storm coming..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySeason View Post
    Thats terrible news, I was really sad reading your post.
    Hope you re all doing ok and also hope you have no damages with the storm coming..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Well, I'm just glad that we managed to get through Christmas Day with power and without the stormy weather we've been seeing recently and will be seeing again shortly. The aftermath of the Christmas Day flooding in the town centre certainly isn't going to be a pretty sight, though.
    Merry Christmas