Thread: Holiday Market's in New York City

Holiday Market's in New York City

Was just talking to the little woman about heading out to some of the Holiday Markets that hit New York City this time of year. I am sure they dull in comparison to some of the European ones I have seen people post pictures of and talk about but they are always fun. We've gone a couple years to Union Square now and it's always fun to walk around. We'll probably try to get to a couple of the others around the city.

Here is a pretty good write up on a couple of the markets and you could away go to the Official NYC tourism site for their info on whats going on with the Markets, Tree Lighting and all of that.

Figured I would just throw the info out there if anyone lives in my neck of the woods or is coming out here in November or December.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I super love the holiday markets in NYC - my husband and I have visited the city 3 out of the last 4 Decembers - but decided to take a break this year. Sadly. I will miss it - but hopefully by next year our kiddo will be old enough to come with us and enjoy!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Funny, I just posted a link to this info on our facebook All Things Christmas Friends page. Great minds think alike!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Was just thinking few days ago how USA Christmas markets look like
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

How funny that I live 3 hours away from NYC and never knew they had Christmas Markets. I've been wanting to get down there to see the lights, so I'll have to check those out, too!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    How funny that I live 3 hours away from NYC and never knew they had Christmas Markets. I've been wanting to get down there to see the lights, so I'll have to check those out, too!
    ...and I live just 45 minutes from Manhattan and didn't know until this year either! There is just always so much going on in the city, that these Christmas markets are an after-thought I guess!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Surprisingly enough, I have never been to NYC. But I have been to many of our smaller cities around Christmas time. Mostly due to my 23+ years in the USAF and moving a lot.
    The malls use to be my favorite places, as many went all out for the season. Sad to say, that many of them have since toned down over the years.
    There are a few places on my Christmas Bucket List (sounds like a good thread) to see...
    1. Bronner's in Frankenmuth, Wisconsin (I can't believe there is a place that actually is as large as three football fields)
    2. Santa Claus, Ind (the name says it all)
    3. The Incredible Christmas Place, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee (probably stay at the Inn at Christmas Place as well)
    4. Santa's Enchanted Forest, Miami, Fl (this is a seasonal park only open from the fist week of November - the first week of January).
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"