Page 88 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788899091929398138 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing/listening to/watching?

Thanks snowflake and Mistletoe.

I am watching the local news. There was a murder-suicide in our quiet little town this morning! Don't remember there ever being a murder here in the 25 years I've lived here! Scary!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Great - just found out the murderer was a retired cop!!!

ornamentmaven- it's bad enough when things like that happen, but so much worse when it happens right near you- creepy!

Listening to Happy Holiday by Barry Manilow.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Doing nothing right now - but "cleaning" is calling my name - as are the leaves! Raked up 3 bags yesterday and didn't even start to put a dent in it. This year my back yard is so full of leaves, you can't even see a blade of grass! The wind patterns must be different this year, as the back yard usually stays fairly clear! I had really hoped to have moved by this time!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Doing nothing right now - but "cleaning" is calling my name - as are the leaves! Raked up 3 bags yesterday and didn't even start to put a dent in it. This year my back yard is so full of leaves, you can't even see a blade of grass! The wind patterns must be different this year, as the back yard usually stays fairly clear! I had really hoped to have moved by this time!
    LOL I will be joining you tomorrow, but I will be vacuuming them! You must be in great shape- getting rid of leaves is hard work!

Speaking of, the foliage was stunning today with the sun shining through them. Some of the colors are just otherworldly. I was listening to Percy Faith's Deck the Halls on my way home from work and the ringing bells just went so well with the magnificent leaves!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    LOL I will be joining you tomorrow, but I will be vacuuming them! You must be in great shape- getting rid of leaves is hard work!

Speaking of, the foliage was stunning today with the sun shining through them. Some of the colors are just otherworldly. I was listening to Percy Faith's Deck the Halls on my way home from work and the ringing bells just went so well with the magnificent leaves!
    When we first moved here, I bought a leaf vacuum. It was a joke as it had to be emptied so often that it ended up being more work to do it that way. I would be in great shape if I had to rake leaves all year long!

When we first moved here, I bought a leaf vacuum. It was a joke as it had to be emptied so often that it ended up being more work to do it that way. I would be in great shape if I had to rake leaves all year long!
    I know! My arm is starting to hurt just thinking about emptying the bag constantly. But, somehow it gives me the feeling that I'm getting more done faster, because I see them disappearing. lol

So, you get into good shape raking the leaves in October, for all the extra holiday eating!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I know! My arm is starting to hurt just thinking about emptying the bag constantly. But, somehow it gives me the feeling that I'm getting more done faster, because I see them disappearing. lol

So, you get into good shape raking the leaves in October, for all the extra holiday eating!
    One thing for sure - the leaf vacuum does a more thorough job! I think the holiday eating more than cancels out the leaf-raking fitness!

Went to the movies yesterday and saw Bridge of Spies. An excellent movie with Tom Hanks! Go see it!!

Right now I'm writing out Christmas cards and starting with the Forum cards!!

Went to the movies yesterday and saw Bridge of Spies. An excellent movie with Tom Hanks! Go see it!!

Right now I'm writing out Christmas cards and starting with the Forum cards!!
    Saw trailer and liked it

Posting here.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*