Page 77 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287127177 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing/listening to/watching?

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    OMG - How old are the Doobie Brothers now? I always liked their music, but don't care for them personally. About 35 years ago, when I was only in my early 20's, I worked for a short time as a hostess in a hotel restaurant. They had performed the night before (in Binghamton, NY) and stayed at the hotel. The next day, the band and their stage crew came into the restaurant demanding breakfast at noon. They were loud, rude and obnoxious and they got me and the staff of waitresses in such trouble. One of the waitresses, threw her apron on the floor and stormed out in disgust, never to be seen again! It was probably the worst work related experience ever!
    They're in their 60's now. Only 2 of the original members, Tom Johnston and Pat Simmons, still tour with the group. John McPhee, who joined the band in about 1978, is also touring. The rest of the band looks like they're in their 30's except for John Cowan, who has been with them off and on since the 90's. I didn't have any personal interaction with them, but as a band they were tight. Tom Johnston sounds just like he did back in the 70's. Great night of music!
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Listening to Mr. Heatmiser done by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. It's SO cool!! Plus the boys really dig it since they know it from the animated Christmas special!!

Check it out Christmas fans!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPJjBNa7WYY
    Last edited by MinnesotaMike; 05-17-2015 at 01:25 AM.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by wstaple View Post
    They're in their 60's now. Only 2 of the original members, Tom Johnston and Pat Simmons, still tour with the group. John McPhee, who joined the band in about 1978, is also touring. The rest of the band looks like they're in their 30's except for John Cowan, who has been with them off and on since the 90's. I didn't have any personal interaction with them, but as a band they were tight. Tom Johnston sounds just like he did back in the 70's. Great night of music!
    Well - I'm sure they have all grown up by now! It was late 1978 when my interaction occurred with them - So I'm sure Tom, Pat and John were all involved!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Just walked the dog, did some dishes and finished a sudoku puzzle.

We live on top of a hill overlooking the NYS Thruway. I just heard a tire blowout down on the highway - hope there was no resulting accident. I'm having a cup of green tea and just heard the mail being delivered. Did a bit of gardening earlier, as well as some couponing.

just posting here, boring day.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Just took the dog out and did some gardening. Trying to fix the front door - which is jammed shut. My husband went camping for a few days, so I'm stuck trying to fix it!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Listening to Classic Rock 92 KQRS
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

listening to Lozano - Blisku do mene
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Sat knitting a cardi for myself.
    Merry Christmas to all...