Page 60 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110160 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing/listening to/watching?

Listening to 'Pops Goes Christmas' with Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops

Got my outside decorating done -cut back this year- trying to watch the utility bill. My apple pie is in the oven for Thanksgiving dessert. Two more pies to go later tonight.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    About to go downstairs to find my outdoor Christmas lights and start decorating outside before tomorrow's snow storm!
    Are you going to light them before Thanksgiving? I'm so surprised how many people around me are showing off their Christmas lights already- it's so out of character! Maybe Christmas Spirit is increasing.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    Listening to the cd 'A Baroque Christmas' directed by Roger Norrington
    Well, that sounded like something I'd like, but unfortunately I'm unable to find a place to listen to it!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Are you going to light them before Thanksgiving? I'm so surprised how many people around me are showing off their Christmas lights already- it's so out of character! Maybe Christmas Spirit is increasing.
    No. I'm going to try to wait until Dec. 1st! But people here have also begun to light up - so I may not last that long!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Im about to go swimming and then come home and have lunch, while watching Christmas lights twinkling and raining outside..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Well, that sounded like something I'd like, but unfortunately I'm unable to find a place to listen to it!
    At the risk of sounding a little nutty, may I say that I feel delighted when someone likes some of the same kind of Christmas music that I do. It is extremely rare that that happens. What most people like just doesn't do it for me. Oh, I do get excited initially, when the local radio station starts playing Christmas songs by Bing, Nat, Andy, etc.. But they don't play anything I really love. And, for me, it's Christmas music (the kind I grew up with) that is a HUGE part of why I love Christmas so much. I find it just so beautiful that sometimes I could almost cry. My best friend has told me that she just "hates hates HATES" my Christmas music, on more than one occasion, although she has heard very little of it. One that she heard was A Music Box Christmas. She said recently that I like opera, and proceeded to sing in a loud, high soprano voice with a lot of vibrato for emphasis. Fact is, I may like a couple arias here and there but, as a whole, I don't really care for opera. And how can anyone not like music box Christmas music? But, I know it's all subjective. It can just be a bit lonely when 99% of the world loves Bing, Andy, Nat, Michael Buble, Josh Groban, Dino, Frank, etc...and you love a completely different genre. Anyway, sorry for going on a tangent.

So, mistletoe, what are some Christmas cd's or music that you enjoy?

I like it all for the most part very few Christmas CDs I won't listen to.

The stack I have on the player right now while I'm cleaning and decorating is.

Michael McDonald - Through The Many Winters
    James Taylor - A Christmas Album
    Aaron Neville - A Soulful Christmas
    Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - It Feels Like Christmas Time
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    Listening to 'Pops Goes Christmas' with Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Just finished listening to a cd, 'Candlelight Carols' with the Choir of Trinity Church. About to put on more Christmas music. And, I have been working on putting up the nativity scene, garland, lights, etc. on the top of the entertainment center.