Page 61 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1489

Thread: What are you doing/listening to/watching?

  1. #601
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Shavertown, PA, USA
    Posts
    19,401
    Listening to the heat running, about to do some baking
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,073
    Listening to Handel's Messiah

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Shavertown, PA, USA
    Posts
    19,401
    tv is on - not watching, gearing up to do some more decorating, about to eat breakfast
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Back home again in Indiana
    Posts
    4,162
    I just watched Killing Kennedy on the Fox News channel. It made me cry to look at the video of Caroline and John-John at the end. It was such a sad time.

    "Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Shavertown, PA, USA
    Posts
    19,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    I just watched Killing Kennedy on the Fox News channel. It made me cry to look at the video of Caroline and John-John at the end. It was such a sad time.
    A very sad time! Back in 1960, when I was only 4, JFK was campaigning and made a stop in my hometown. Everyone was crowding around where they thought his limo would stop. My Mom stayed in the background with us - my 2 year old sister and me. Meanwhile, the limo stops right next to us. When he got out, he stopped to pat me on the head. Funny, because at only 4 years old - I remember this like it was yesterday. My Mom always told me that it happened because I must have reminded him of Caroline.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Shavertown, PA, USA
    Posts
    19,401
    News on tv, just finished breakfast, about to run out to the store to replace a burnt-out light cord for my village - then that will be done. Tree is on the agenda for today.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    823
    Listening to the Bing Crosby Christmas album

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    A very sad time! Back in 1960, when I was only 4, JFK was campaigning and made a stop in my hometown. Everyone was crowding around where they thought his limo would stop. My Mom stayed in the background with us - my 2 year old sister and me. Meanwhile, the limo stops right next to us. When he got out, he stopped to pat me on the head. Funny, because at only 4 years old - I remember this like it was yesterday. My Mom always told me that it happened because I must have reminded him of Caroline.
    What a cool story!

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    At the risk of sounding a little nutty, may I say that I feel delighted when someone likes some of the same kind of Christmas music that I do. It is extremely rare that that happens. What most people like just doesn't do it for me. Oh, I do get excited initially, when the local radio station starts playing Christmas songs by Bing, Nat, Andy, etc.. But they don't play anything I really love. And, for me, it's Christmas music (the kind I grew up with) that is a HUGE part of why I love Christmas so much. I find it just so beautiful that sometimes I could almost cry. My best friend has told me that she just "hates hates HATES" my Christmas music, on more than one occasion, although she has heard very little of it. One that she heard was A Music Box Christmas. She said recently that I like opera, and proceeded to sing in a loud, high soprano voice with a lot of vibrato for emphasis. Fact is, I may like a couple arias here and there but, as a whole, I don't really care for opera. And how can anyone not like music box Christmas music? But, I know it's all subjective. It can just be a bit lonely when 99% of the world loves Bing, Andy, Nat, Michael Buble, Josh Groban, Dino, Frank, etc...and you love a completely different genre. Anyway, sorry for going on a tangent.

    So, mistletoe, what are some Christmas cd's or music that you enjoy?
    I'm sorry, Steph! My favorites are the ones you don't really care for. But, my latest Christmas music, that I bought a few months ago, was A Music Box Christmas- I think it's charming. The Baroque album you mentioned I thought I might like, so I was trying to find a place to sample it, but couldn't find it. I can relate to people not really liking your type of music, because that happens to me with non-Christmas music. It makes you feel so good and you just want to share/enjoy it with someone.

    I just listened to We Wish You A Merry Christmas by Joemy Wilson, Hammered Dulcimer, in your honor.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I'm sorry, Steph! My favorites are the ones you don't really care for. But, my latest Christmas music, that I bought a few months ago, was A Music Box Christmas- I think it's charming. The Baroque album you mentioned I thought I might like, so I was trying to find a place to sample it, but couldn't find it. I can relate to people not really liking your type of music, because that happens to me with non-Christmas music. It makes you feel so good and you just want to share/enjoy it with someone.


    I just listened to We Wish You A Merry Christmas by Joemy Wilson, Hammered Dulcimer, in your honor.
    Thanks very much, mistletoe, that's sweet of you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About ATC

    ATC "AllThingsChristmas" is a Forum Devoted to everything about Christmas, please enjoy our Forum & feel free to chat about the greatest day of the year.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr