Page 50 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you Feeling & Why?

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I am absolutely exhausted! It's been 6 straight days of cooking, cleaning and decorating. I am going to push thru to finish my tree today - then sleep for a couple days straight!
    Now, don't you get yourself ill, take it easy..OM...
    Merry Christmas to all...

I have a headache from trying to come up with a gift idea for my boss. I think she's the hardest person I have to buy for. Her interests are work, the theatre, her teenage kids and food. She doesn't like spa/relaxation things, doesn't much care about style or doodads (like for the office) and she's VERY particular about her theatre- goes to select shows in NY with her college mates. So, we've ended up focusing on food and given her gift certificates to restaurants, to a specialty food store, gave her a basket filled with food and wine from a specialty food store. I feel like we're just being repetitive...and I can't seem to think outside of the box.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I have a headache from trying to come up with a gift idea for my boss. I think she's the hardest person I have to buy for. Her interests are work, the theatre, her teenage kids and food. She doesn't like spa/relaxation things, doesn't much care about style or doodads (like for the office) and she's VERY particular about her theatre- goes to select shows in NY with her college mates. So, we've ended up focusing on food and given her gift certificates to restaurants, to a specialty food store, gave her a basket filled with food and wine from a specialty food store. I feel like we're just being repetitive...and I can't seem to think outside of the box.
    This is going to sound made up, but I promise it's not. I used to have a boss who would basically pick out the present she wanted her staff (60 employees) to give her for Christmas every year. (It was usually some expensive piece of Waterford crystal.) The VP of Administration would then go around and collect money from all of the employees. She kept a list of who contributed and who didn't and shared that list with the boss. And those employees who didn't contribute got the cold shoulder for several weeks. The boss would act really surprised when she opened the gift in front of everyone, like she didn't already know what it was.

The funny/sad thing was that when she participated in the employee gift swap, the presents she gave were cheap. She drew the name of one of my friends one year, and she gave him an umbrella that she'd gotten at a conference.

I learned a lot from that lady over 12+ years, but unfortunately most of it was what NOT to do once I became a boss.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

Mistletoe - if food is a sure bet-then go with food!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Smart - I just got my flu shot - finally!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Very festive and happy that i managed a few decorations this year, and of course hubby's portraits are
    slowly taking off...

Quote Originally Posted by wstaple View Post
    This is going to sound made up, but I promise it's not. I used to have a boss who would basically pick out the present she wanted her staff (60 employees) to give her for Christmas every year. (It was usually some expensive piece of Waterford crystal.) The VP of Administration would then go around and collect money from all of the employees. She kept a list of who contributed and who didn't and shared that list with the boss. And those employees who didn't contribute got the cold shoulder for several weeks. The boss would act really surprised when she opened the gift in front of everyone, like she didn't already know what it was.

The funny/sad thing was that when she participated in the employee gift swap, the presents she gave were cheap. She drew the name of one of my friends one year, and she gave him an umbrella that she'd gotten at a conference.

I learned a lot from that lady over 12+ years, but unfortunately most of it was what NOT to do once I became a boss.
    Wow. That's bad. But, on the bright side, you didn't have to figure out what to get her every year... lol

Last year for my boss' birthday we gave her a gift certificate to a restaurant- she looked at it, grunted and tossed it aside.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Very festive and happy that i managed a few decorations this year, and of course hubby's portraits are
    slowly taking off...
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Wow. That's bad. But, on the bright side, you didn't have to figure out what to get her every year... lol
    Ha ha! That's a great way to look at it, Mistletoe!
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

Feeling festive as I have mailed all ATC over the pond and far away there Christmas cards and a couple of packages too....so feeling good..