Page 37 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you Feeling & Why?

Annoyed as we are now having plumbing problems. If it's not one thing, it's another
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Annoyed too, but for other reason...

Now that its summer, everyone sits in their balconies, making such noise, every hour of the day... I find it hard to sleep at night, music is all over the neibourhood, no one says anything, I called police a week ago, as it was 1 after midnight and music was so loud that I could not listen to my TV (with closed windows.....)
    Thank God, it has stopped.. Unfortunately, everything else has not... Every family sits is the balconies, have put their TV outside, spend all day in the balcony.... Here in Greece, balconies are so close to other, that you can hear/see everything, every hour of the day.... This is the main reason I do not spend time out in my balcony, even if I have made it so beatiful and that makes me feel so sad....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Annoyed too, but for other reason...

Now that its summer, everyone sits in their balconies, making such noise, every hour of the day... I find it hard to sleep at night, music is all over the neibourhood, no one says anything, I called police a week ago, as it was 1 after midnight and music was so loud that I could not listen to my TV (with closed windows.....)
    Thank God, it has stopped.. Unfortunately, everything else has not... Every family sits is the balconies, have put their TV outside, spend all day in the balcony.... Here in Greece, balconies are so close to other, that you can hear/see everything, every hour of the day.... This is the main reason I do not spend time out in my balcony, even if I have made it so beatiful and that makes me feel so sad....
    Yes, that would annoy me. We have a large deck on the back of our house. We also have fairly close neighbors, but the way our decks are situated, we can't see each other. People are very courteous and rarely make excess noise. If it is very hot, people tend to stay inside in the air-conditioning or go to a pool or lake somewhere. I have lived in apartment buildings where the balconies have been close together and that was a bit noisier, but not to the point of being annoying. Once in a while, teenagers will have a party on the hill above us- an undeveloped area - and they can get noisy, but the police will come and break the party up fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Yes, that would annoy me. We have a large deck on the back of our house. We also have fairly close neighbors, but the way our decks are situated, we can't see each other. People are very courteous and rarely make excess noise. If it is very hot, people tend to stay inside in the air-conditioning or go to a pool or lake somewhere. I have lived in apartment buildings where the balconies have been close together and that was a bit noisier, but not to the point of being annoying. Once in a while, teenagers will have a party on the hill above us- an undeveloped area - and they can get noisy, but the police will come and break the party up fairly quickly.
    Sometimes I just think that people here have no money left to go out anymore, (financial crisis has devastated all of us) so, now balconies have replaced everything. The dinner out, the beer in a bar, the cafe in cafe and so on.. People are not vey well, so, they find a way out in their balcony... Greeks do not to have to pay for their living, so, I do not think they have the mind to think about their neighbours, they actually do not care..

Of course, this could never be a serious excuse for all that noise over the last few years, I just wanted to share some thoughts..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Feeling Christmassy - want to see some Christmas decorations

Feeling tired but Christmas feeling are creeping in...
    Merry Christmas to all...

A bit bored- need a project

Feeling Christmassy - want to see some Christmas decorations
    I'm feeling Christmassy too, started making some decorations yesterday
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Feeling sad and nostalgic. Today is 9-11, the 13th anniversary of the attack on the World Trade Center in NYC. Everyone is posting memorials on facebook. My friend Michelle lost her husband that day - he was a NYC firefighter. Two other friends - both policeman - worked there in the aftermath - rescue efforts and cleanup. One of them has long term health effects from the toxins in the area. A horrible, horrible day!

Feeling sad and nostalgic. Today is 9-11, the 13th anniversary of the attack on the World Trade Center in NYC. Everyone is posting memorials on facebook. My friend Michelle lost her husband that day - he was a NYC firefighter. Two other friends - both policeman - worked there in the aftermath - rescue efforts and cleanup. One of them has long term health effects from the toxins in the area. A horrible, horrible day!
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*