Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,219 of 1219

Thread: How are you Feeling & Why?

refreshed, excited for Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    refreshed, excited for Thanksgiving
    Are you traveling for Thanksgiving, or staying home?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

groggy, just got up. Waiting for the coffee to kick in

Feeling good. Had a long break from work ad got a ton done around the house getting ready for Christmas. I want to be finished inside and out by Friday...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

feeling energetic and in the Christmas spirit

Feeling very well. Stuffing the last of the stockings that have to be mailed out and then... enjoy the time remaining...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Relieved! Have been trying to get on here for a couple weeks and haven't been able to access the website!

This Christmas season has not gone smoothly. I got my outside lights up late for me- the weekend before Thanksgiving (while I was not feeling well). I needed an electrician to give me more power and wasn't able to get someone here until last Wed, so have had no front lights until then. Then part of my new 'commercial grade' mini lights didn't light. Had to remove a strand and put up a new one in the freezing cold & wind. Then I blew a fuse on one of my C-9 strands and had to order new fuses. Last night was the first night I had the front fully lit.
    I can't plug all the front lights into one timer for them all to come on at once, so I had to buy timers with remotes and I have to put them on manually every night, or one side will come on at one time and then awhile later the other side (I do dusk to dawn).
    Meanwhile, I woke up on Thanksgiving with what I was to learn was covid- completely missed Thanksgiving and the week after. Didn't have enough strength to bring up the trees or decorate until 12/10. It was really rough having the Autumn decorations up in December and wanting to redecorate!

On the upside, my tree in my bedroom that I had so much trouble with last year, now has the colored lights working! I bought a new double remote plug from Amazon and just tried the existing plugs for hahas, and lo and behold it all worked! Such a happy surprise!
    Also, even though I was greatly disappointed to lose valuable time not being decorated for Christmas right after Thanksgiving (the season is so short!), I see that it has been good for me. I know I have a problem always trying to make things perfect and before I know it the season is over and I haven't fully enjoyed it. This year, I have had to soak up Christmas wherever I could. It reminds me of when I was young. We only had a few decorations, and got our tree the week before Christmas. But I was always so full of the Christmas spirit despite that. It came from within. Somewhere along the line the decorating somehow became where I got my pleasure. Not a good thing. And I've been vaguely aware of that fact. This year has helped me- I'm actually more peaceful and reading more Christmas books than normal.
    And I told my family that I was getting everyone gifts this year again (we had stopped all gift giving for the adults in 2020, due to a family rift, which has since healed). It feels so good to give again- to think of what would make other people happy. I still had a bit of stress about people who are very hard to buy for, but I even became more relaxed about that.

I have missed seeing what you guys are up to! Hope you're all having a merry Christmastime!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Doing great. Finished my last shift on Tuesday morning and now I can relax and enjoy the few days remaining. Hallmark movies, old time Christmas movies and lots of Hot Cocoa w/fresh cookies are on the menu...

I have not done this one since last year, so here goes... Feeling energized. A New Year and with the Lord's help. a much better one...