Page 1 of 122 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you Feeling & Why?

How are you Feeling & Why?

How are you Feeling & Why?

What made you Happy, Sad, or Frustrated today?
    or Just post a Smiley to say how you feel!

Discussion Thread Guidelines
    1) Please don't post "Nothing". Only share when you've got something to add!
    2) Never post twice in a row, remember, it's a discussion!

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

frostythesnowman Guest

Been a long morning so a bit .....hospital appointment was over an hour long....
    Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Been a long morning so a bit .....hospital appointment was over an hour long....
    I feel for you - Having crohn's disease I'm no stranger to long drawn out appointments. It's almost as bad as when they call you in for a set time and then don't see you until 3 hours later (Grr). I hope you're not too tired and that the appointment was at least productive. Put your feet up and have some chocolate!

My emotions are a bit all over the place...

Usual warmness inside that the seasons are changing and winter is upon us

Excitement that this month is my birthday month and the Dr Who 50th Anniversary special (episode and convention!), excitement that my friend is back from Afghanistan, excitement that my daughters will turn 4 next month and then of course excitement that it will be Christmas very shortly after!

Sadness that my husband and I separated this year, sadness that he won't be there on Christmas morning, sadness that my bed is cold and empty at night, loneliness...

Comfort that we will see him on Christmas day, happy that he has invited us (me and the children) to have Christmas dinner at his new house, happy that the girls will get to see their Dad on Christmas day etc.

It's very confusing and bittersweet. I like to think I keep the happy feelings at the surface most of the time though - Nothing like walking through M&S and seeing the Christmas decorations out, walking through the park and seeing the oranges and reds all over, crunching through leaves on the ground, making fresh pumpkin soups and winter stews etc. This is a happy time of year indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    I feel for you - Having crohn's disease I'm no stranger to long drawn out appointments. It's almost as bad as when they call you in for a set time and then don't see you until 3 hours later (Grr). I hope you're not too tired and that the appointment was at least productive. Put your feet up and have some chocolate!
    With it being an Inflammatory Disease I'm susceptible to Crohn's and other IBD but touch wood, I'm OK on that front. I went in on time but it was over an hour with the nurse
    going through the details of which medication I could have.

frostythesnowman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    With it being an Inflammatory Disease I'm susceptible to Crohn's and other IBD but touch wood, I'm OK on that front. I went in on time but it was over an hour with the nurse
    going through the details of which medication I could have.
    lets hope the meds they gave you tink gives you some pain relief my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    My emotions are a bit all over the place...

Usual warmness inside that the seasons are changing and winter is upon us

Excitement that this month is my birthday month and the Dr Who 50th Anniversary special (episode and convention!), excitement that my friend is back from Afghanistan, excitement that my daughters will turn 4 next month and then of course excitement that it will be Christmas very shortly after!

Sadness that my husband and I separated this year, sadness that he won't be there on Christmas morning, sadness that my bed is cold and empty at night, loneliness...

Comfort that we will see him on Christmas day, happy that he has invited us (me and the children) to have Christmas dinner at his new house, happy that the girls will get to see their Dad on Christmas day etc.

It's very confusing and bittersweet. I like to think I keep the happy feelings at the surface most of the time though - Nothing like walking through M&S and seeing the Christmas decorations out, walking through the park and seeing the oranges and reds all over, crunching through leaves on the ground, making fresh pumpkin soups and winter stews etc. This is a happy time of year indeed
    I feel for you, CM. that's tough when emotions are going off in every direction; and major changes all at the same time.

Well, I'm feeling so fatigued today that all I've done is sleep and I'm still ready for more....

CM - so sorry to hear about your separation!

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now -too much I need to get done!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas