Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Papa's Christmas Wonderland 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySeason View Post
    Great job! There are very few people who put quite this much work into their Christmas displays! Can't wait to see the final product! :D
    Thanks HolidaySeason it's a labor of love that gets bigger every year.
    I may be in need of a 12 step program
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Love your nutcrackers. Can't wait to get mine out!
    Thanks OM my wife collects them I only have about half the collection out so far.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Loving the nutcrackers. I so want some. I started last year with some little nutcrackers from the dollar tree. Can't wait to get some larger ones.

My wife is always on the prowl for nutcrackers.
    Papa_Christmas

Learned a couple of years back to put down the village that would be directly under the tree and hook up all the electric cords.
    It's a lot easier than laying on the floor sliding them under a decorated tree.

All these but one box are the glass ornaments for the big tree.

Well set up the 9 footer and had light problems.We've got 8 years out of that tree so time for a new one.
    It's a 9 foot GE Easy Shape Grand Spruce with 900 Color Choice LED Lights.(whew that's a mouthful)

Had to make a new stand to decorate the top.

All White

Multicolor

It also will switch back and forth between the two but it's a bit too psychedelic for me reminds me of parties I went to in the 70's

It will take me a couple of days to get all the ornaments on.
    Papa_Christmas

what great ideas! first, setting up the village before setting up the tree and second, decorating the top section of the tree before putting it up. do you have to spend time shaping the branches, Papa? That's one of the things I dislike most about the artificial trees I have had, especially the one we have now (which, it looks as though it's time to throw it out, it's about 10 years old and is looking pretty bad, but we've had it about 4 years, maybe. got it at a yard sale.) I would love love LOVE a tree that had clear and multi-color that you could switch like that. I am jealous.

Beautiful - love the tree lights!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    what great ideas! first, setting up the village before setting up the tree and second, decorating the top section of the tree before putting it up. do you have to spend time shaping the branches, Papa? That's one of the things I dislike most about the artificial trees I have had, especially the one we have now (which, it looks as though it's time to throw it out, it's about 10 years old and is looking pretty bad, but we've had it about 4 years, maybe. got it at a yard sale.) I would love love LOVE a tree that had clear and multi-color that you could switch like that. I am jealous.
    You would love this tree steph it's called an easy shape very little shaping is needed the pictures here are as is right out of the box took all of ten minutes to put it together.
    I got it at Costco they also have a 7.5 foot version this one is 9 foot.
    Papa_Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Beautiful - love the tree lights!
    The richness of the led color lights is amazing and it uses all of 12 watts, shoot the light in the fridge is 20 or 30.
    Papa_Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    You would love this tree steph it's called an easy shape very little shaping is needed the pictures here are as is right out of the box took all of ten minutes to put it together.
    I got it at Costco they also have a 7.5 foot version this one is 9 foot.
    too bad there's no Costco near me. at least an hours drive from here.