Thread: Believing in Santa

Believing in Santa

My best recollection of Christmas was actually believing and "knowing" that Santa was real. I remember waking up at the crack of dawn before my parents even woke up out of sheer excitement.

I would rush to the living room, and see the pile of presents under the tree, the empty plate and glass where the milk and cookies were, and a note from Santa.

Immediately after that, I would run to wake up my younger sister in an excited state of euphoria, announcing that Santa had come!!!

After she had her look of amazement at all of the Christmasy glory, we would both run into our parents room to wake them up.

6:00 AM Christmas morning, our mom and dad were awoken to the sound of children whispering "Santa came!!! Wake up!!! Wake up!!!"

Those were amazing times. Now that I have my own daughter of 4, there hasn't been a time yet that she woke up before me. As a parent I still get to enjoy the warm feeling of waking up a loved one to announce that Santa had come! At least for now.

I look forward to the day where she is waking me up with excitement about Santa.

Thanks for sharing that with us glone. :D I can't wait until our 1-year-old gets old enough to understand the excitement of Santa coming. It'll be nice this year to watch him open his gifts by himself. He loved doing it during his birthday last month, so I hope he gets into it Christmas morning.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

that is an article about real Santa:)

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by lialia View Post
    Thanks for sharing!! Its very interesting and Im already reading it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that with us glone. :D I can't wait until our 1-year-old gets old enough to understand the excitement of Santa coming. It'll be nice this year to watch him open his gifts by himself. He loved doing it during his birthday last month, so I hope he gets into it Christmas morning.
    Noticed your Disney banner...I would love to go on a Disney cruise. I saw a segment on it on tv, and the ship looks absolutely gorgeous. Have a wonderful time!!

When I was a kid, my parents would take me and my sis to a nearby neighborhood holiday display. Then, when we returned, we would hear a little jingling bell, and we would come in to the living room and see the presents under the tree. I'm not sure how my mom pulled that off since she was with us at the displays, hmmm....

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

wow.. nice stories.. enjoyed reading them.. thanks guys. merry christmas...
    Christmas Costumes - http://www.shopcomparecostumes.com/categories/545/Christmas-Costumes.html

Reading gives me so much fun.. Thanks for sharing..
    Ideas for Christmas: http://ideasforchristmas.net

Wow, I remember that moment too, it's ashame that he isn't real though. Oh well to be honest I do believe in Santa at Christmas time because then you can feel the spirit
    Tis The Season To Be Jolly!