Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite gift?

Favourite gift?

Hello. I'm new here. I'm one of those people who just hate to give people useless things as gifts. I hate creating clutter for people, and therefore, take gift-giving rather seriously. My question for you all here today, is what has been your favourite gift you've ever received. I have a few people on my list that I can't think of what they need or would really love, so I'm hoping by seeing your favourites, I will be inspired and can come up with the perfect gift! Maybe some of you too will be inspired with other's favourites. I hope this works...

gifts useful for someones hobby are always great so a basket with hand quilt items / a box with cardmaking items / a hostess basket candles candleholders placemats table runner / etc

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaKay View Post
    Hello. I'm new here. I'm one of those people who just hate to give people useless things as gifts. I hate creating clutter for people, and therefore, take gift-giving rather seriously. My question for you all here today, is what has been your favourite gift you've ever received. I have a few people on my list that I can't think of what they need or would really love, so I'm hoping by seeing your favourites, I will be inspired and can come up with the perfect gift! Maybe some of you too will be inspired with other's favourites. I hope this works...
    Hello and welcome to the forums!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by Xmasflora View Post
    gifts useful for someones hobby are always great so a basket with hand quilt items / a box with cardmaking items / a hostess basket candles candleholders placemats table runner / etc
    I have to agree with this suggestion.
    I have made all different kinds of baskets and such for the hunters in the family, fisherman, cooks, letter writers, candlelovers.
    The key is to find out what their favorite hobby's are.
    My favorite gift was a popcorn bowl with a bag of microwave popcorn, 2 bottles of coca-cola and a dvd had wanted but not yet bought myself.
    It helped me enjoy a night in with DH!
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I like candles and bath stuff myself but I love reading historical romances and listening to Christmas music as well. I made my mom a footspa basket and added a hot beverage mix and mug to it. Hope that helps.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Queen View Post
    My favorite gift was a popcorn bowl with a bag of microwave popcorn, 2 bottles of coca-cola and a dvd had wanted but not yet bought myself.
    What a great and creative way to give DVDs. Thank you for the tip!

if your looking for somehting for a spouse go with an event... those are much more romantic... as for a relative or friend... go with chipotle lol ... that never gets old!!

I have been thinking about this for some time and I think scrapbooks and photos of the person with friends and family would be nice. I want to create a scrapbbok for my parents next year. One with each of us kids and their families. Mom loves collecting pictures so I might just help her scrapbook some of them! great gift and chalk full of memories to carry over through the years!presents
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

I come from an outdoors family- my favorite gift was a BB gun when I was ten-

it seems things are different now-

The best gift I ever got was a puppy. But I was just a kid then. Probably not for everyone. It was long ago.