Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Many People do you Buy Christmas Gifts for?

My husband, Mom & Dad, Parents-in-law, brother, sister-in-law & brother-in-law, 3 nieces, 3 nephews, 2 grandparents, and 2 sets of friends.
    The number of gifts changes each year according to our budget.
    "Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
    Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth..."

Father, Mother, Sister, Grandma and Grandpa..

This year is a new year for me as my marriage has ended but I have a new girlfriend who I'm head over heels for. Not sure how it will go down, but here is what I'm predicting:

My Son- 1 big gift (power wheel), and probably 8-9 smaller gifts including clothes and things.
    My G/F- 6 or 7 gifts, clothes, shoes, a slow cooker, things of that nature
    G/F oldest son- 3 or 4 gifts
    G/F youngest son- 3 or 4 gifts (I'm being a bit modest with these two as to not step on their dad's toes and try and one up him or anything. I don't want to get into any kind of a stupid feud because I went overboard with Christmas)
    Dad/Stepmom- I get them a gift card to their favorite steak house every year
    Brothers/Sisters- this will equate to 4 or 5 gifts. I usually just buy them all something small.

Man I need to get started!!

Lol, that's a good 30+ gifts! I guess I should make the most of being young and only having to buy like four presents, lol!
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by beacheslaure View Post
    Christmas is a beautiful and highly celebrating event which is celebrating on 25 december. Wishesforchristmas.com providing you the best wishes quotes material like christmas greetings, christmas wishes cards, christmas wishes for family, christmas messages, christmas wishes quotes, christmas funny messages, christmas short messages and lot more. Most of the traditional customs of Christmas, such as gift giving, tree decorating, light hanging, and feasting, come from sources other than the Church.
    It would be better if you replied to the thread... This shows no respect to all of us, I think..... I'm sorry....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by beacheslaure View Post
    Christmas is a beautiful and highly celebrating event which is celebrating on 25 december. Wishesforchristmas.com providing you the best wishes quotes material like christmas greetings, christmas wishes cards, christmas wishes for family, christmas messages, christmas wishes quotes, christmas funny messages, christmas short messages and lot more. Most of the traditional customs of Christmas, such as gift giving, tree decorating, light hanging, and feasting, come from sources other than the Church.
    If you think you are being smart by advertising on our forum - think again. Be smart enough to realize that defining Christmas to members of a Christmas forum is ridiculous!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I have the same gift list as last year, but trying to spend less money! I'm giving gifts to:

Husband (6)
    Older Daughter (7)
    ...and her boyfriend (1)
    Younger Daughter (7)
    ...and her boyfriend (1)
    My Mom (1 or 2)
    My Mother-in-law (1)
    ...and her guy friend (1)
    My grandniece (1)
    My Dog (2)

That's about 30 gifts - much less than the old days. Plus, I still do stocking stuffers for my adult daughters!

For this year:

My mother
    My father
    My brother
    My brothers love
    My sister
    My sisters love
    My love
    Bruno!!!!

One present each one, this year as well.
    Wish I could offer more.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    If you think you are being smart by advertising on our forum - think again. Be smart enough to realize that defining Christmas to members of a Christmas forum is ridiculous!
    I agree with you and Olga. I have informed ChantelJoy about beacheslaure.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I agree with you and Olga. I have informed ChantelJoy about beacheslaure.
    Thanks Jolly!