Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Decorations

Mike - what is your favorite way to decorate for Halloween. Do you do scary, cute, whimsical, or a combo? What is your favorite decoration? I like decorating with cute scary items - ghosts, witches, monsters - nothing too gory. Love jack-o-lanterns.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I use a variety. I have a few Halloween blowmolds. I use orange and purple rope lights around the windows and door. We have some life-size animated things. We have a 5 foot tall witch that stirs a cauldron and sways back and forth while saying spooky things. We also have a 6 foot tall headless horseman that stands in the front door. It's motion activated so the pumpkin head lights up and talks when trick-or-treaters approach. My son has been saving his money, and this year he wants to get a 7 foot tall haunted tree.
    See Link Below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VupYTGtrgck
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Love that Haunted tree Mike. Is he really going to buy it himself? He is definitely a chip off the ole block!

I would really like to change my style of Halloween decorations. I have a lot of cutesy little things, but now I'm drawn more to a natural look - jack-o-lanterns, corn stalks, etc. Trouble is, I get emotionally attached to my decorations - they bring back happy memories. I was able to toss out a few old Halloween wind socks last fall, so I hope I don't go crazy looking for them this fall. LOL

You can change your style without getting rid of stuff. Maybe you will alternate your style every year.
    Oh, and we got the big tree. YES, he spent his own money on it too!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    You can change your style without getting rid of stuff. Maybe you will alternate your style every year.
    Oh, and we got the big tree. YES, he spent his own money on it too!!
    Good boy!

I bought a little skull last weekend at Michael's. We also bought some Fall-themed garland to put up on top of our kitchen cabinets.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I bought a little skull last weekend at Michael's. We also bought some Fall-themed garland to put up on top of our kitchen cabinets.
    I love the look of garland over the cabinets. I can't do it in my kitchen, as the cabinets go up to the ceiling - so, I have some year-round over the dining room window. In the fall, I place an autumn themed one on the fireplace mantle. Michael's has some nice Halloween decorations this year. I really need to get to The Christmas Shop. Their Halloween stuff is over the top...and priced well!
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 08-06-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Funny - we were cleaning out the attic last week and came across an old Halloween blow mold that I haven't used in years. About 10 or 12 years ago, I went up to the attic to take it down for Halloween, but it was situated all the way at the end of the attic, and I couldn't reach it. So, I forgot about it. When my husband went up there last week, he yelled down: "do you want to keep this Halloween blow mold?" I said "yes - but you won't be able to reach it!" He said "what do you mean?. It's right here" and pulled it down. I guess those pesky Halloween spirits were busy moving things around up there!

My husband put it outside to clean it off - and there it sits, 5 days later. Our neighbors must think we are insane!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Funny - we were cleaning out the attic last week and came across an old Halloween blow mold that I haven't used in years. About 10 or 12 years ago, I went up to the attic to take it down for Halloween, but it was situated all the way at the end of the attic, and I couldn't reach it. So, I forgot about it. When my husband went up there last week, he yelled down: "do you want to keep this Halloween blow mold?" I said "yes - but you won't be able to reach it!" He said "what do you mean?. It's right here" and pulled it down. I guess those pesky Halloween spirits were busy moving things around up there!

My husband put it outside to clean it off - and there it sits, 5 days later. Our neighbors must think we are insane!
    That is awesome! I hope you will display it! Take a picture too!!