Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you do on Christmas Day?

This year will be different for many,my son and i are still decorating our home and i'll be baking and cooking for us it will be a nice cozy holiday just us and our dogs have to admit it's been nice to be able to slow down and just enjoy these wonderful moments.

I echo those sentiments Snowbell. Not sure what this year will bring. My outside changed every years and this one will be a special Christmas wreath show. But as far as the day itself? Too early to call...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    Mine is slightly different from what most of you posted, but pretty much the same. I don't have any family in the area, so I invite friends who also don't have any family in the area to spend the day at my place. The television usually stays off, but we've been known to pop in a Christmas movie or watch a sporting event. I have munchies and drinks throughout the day, then a huge Christmas dinner. I also have this weird preoccupation with setting my Christmas dinner table(s) differently each year (one year Santa themed, one year woodsy themed, one year modern etc) This has been a tradition for several years, and a lot of people prefer spending the day here, because they don't have to deal with family drama.
    I would love to see your table settings- do you take pictures every year?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I've got a few new touches in mind, but nothing concrete just yet...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I would love to see your table settings- do you take pictures every year?
    I don't always take pictures, but here are a few. They aren't the greatest quality pictures, but you get the idea.

santa table thumbnail_IMG_0602.jpgboth tables thumbnail_IMG_0044.jpgcity table thumbnail_IMG_0207.jpgsilver table 15697453_10154021568260588_3537306720996827357_n.jpgthumbnail country table _IMG_0117.jpg

I would love to see everyone else's tables. I'm always looking for new ideas.
    Last edited by JollyElfDC; 11-08-2020 at 08:13 AM.

I don't always take pictures, but here are a few. They aren't the greatest quality pictures, but you get the idea.

santa table thumbnail_IMG_0602.jpgboth tables thumbnail_IMG_0044.jpgcity table thumbnail_IMG_0207.jpgsilver table 15697453_10154021568260588_3537306720996827357_n.jpgthumbnail country table _IMG_0117.jpg

I would love to see everyone else's tables. I'm always looking for new ideas.
    Very nice. I have not taken any of my table in the past (don't ask why, cuz' I do not know) But I will try to remember in the future.

drink lots eggnog, watch A Christmas Story

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Very nice. I have not taken any of my table in the past (don't ask why, cuz' I do not know) But I will try to remember in the future.
    Thank you.
    I think we forget to take them, because we have so much going on. Even when I remember, I don't really take a lot of time and just snap a quick shot.

Not 100% certain what we willo do on this Christmas day, but I am letting the wheels turn and hope to come up with something unique for this very unique Christmas.

I don't always take pictures, but here are a few. They aren't the greatest quality pictures, but you get the idea. I would love to see everyone else's tables. I'm always looking for new ideas.
    Nice! I wouldn't have thought to use black, but it really makes the red pop. Thanks for posting!

I haven't done one for a few years because we've been going to my sister's, but if I find one of my past ones, I'll post it.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.