Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you do on Christmas Day?

Lol, I've never really been an early riser on Christmas Day, even as a child. I usually get up mid-morning and open presents then.
    Merry Christmas

Hi..

Organised a Christmas Party. Invite to all my friends.. Full to Enjoy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovisaken View Post
    Hi..

Thanks
    not sure what that means ?

Quote Originally Posted by lovisaken View Post
    Hi..

Thanks
    On Christmas Day, do you have a party with all your friends and enjoy it to the full?

We do not do much at all on Christmas Day. Of course we get up and open presents as we play Christmas music. We usually don't make anything for breakfast, as we like to pull out the always-numerous leftovers from the previous night's festivities. But uusally by noon or so it's pretty quiet and calm around our house.

There was a time where we wondered if we were doing too much on Christmas Eve, at the expense of Christmas day. But we figured no, we like how it all works out as it is. The Christmas season is usually so busy, office parties, friend's get-togethers, etc, especially the few weeks before, that there needs to be one day of rest and relaxation, and Christmas Day is a good day for that.
    http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19786&dateline=132203  4169

Up early, like 6am open gifts with immediate family, then my mum cooks croissants and pain au chocolat for a breakfast treat. We then all get ready and go visit my grandma and my nan. Once we come home my mum and I cook dinner with a glass (or bottle) of Buck's Fizz and my dad and brother go to the pub for a pint. Once they're back we just chill out watch Christmas TV and set the table and check out our gifts set things up that need to be set up when we were younger we would play with our toys but we're all adults now. We have dinner then veg out in the living room. My brothers OH comes over for the afternoon and we end up watching a film and drinking and my parents go for a nap.
    This year I think I may have my OH come over for an hour of too in the afternoon and then go to his for the evening as they play games like taboo and who am I which I think is a bit more christmasey plus I'd like to see him family on Christmas day because we're very much part of each other families.

Christmas will be a little different this year as we will no longer have a big Christmas Eve buffet. We just are not physically close enough to relatives since we moved. My mother-in-law may be here, as well as the four of us and most likely my daughter's boyfriend. Quite a change from the 14 people we always had for Christmas Eve.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Naturally, it will depend on what day of the week Christmas falls on. If on a Sunday, then of course we go to church services, but on the norm, Christmas Day is a time to relax and kick back a bit. When we have festivities in the house, it almost always is on Christmas Eve. There have been a few exceptions and we had people over on Christmas Day, in which case we do the reverse and relax on Christmas Eve. Naturally the day includes dining and opening presents, but I enjoy the peace of the day as well. Very few stores open (I wish the number was zero), extremely small amount of residential traffic and a day filled with specials.
    I always look forward to it...

Just stay home

Do friends and family join in or is this a portion of your quiet time? Just wondering...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"