Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What do you do on Christmas Day?

We have a fireplace downstairs, but do to reasons far to vast for this, we cannot use it right now. But their will be a "Yule Log" on TV with some background Christmas music that I will play on this Christmas morning. The only question is, what to have for breakfast to go along with that?
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    We have a fireplace downstairs, but do to reasons far to vast for this, we cannot use it right now. But their will be a "Yule Log" on TV with some background Christmas music that I will play on this Christmas morning. The only question is, what to have for breakfast to go along with that?
    I plan to have fires on the Eve and Day, since we won't be leaving the house to go visiting- that is definitely a perk to all this sheltering in place.

And I need to figure out what I'd like to eat on Christmas morning, too. Usually I'm filled up with Christmas chocolate from my stocking, but I've turned over a new, healthy leaf and think I'll aim for something hearty.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I plan to have fires on the Eve and Day, since we won't be leaving the house to go visiting- that is definitely a perk to all this sheltering in place.

And I need to figure out what I'd like to eat on Christmas morning, too. Usually I'm filled up with Christmas chocolate from my stocking, but I've turned over a new, healthy leaf and think I'll aim for something hearty.
    Sounds like a nice trend to start. In my case, I'll have to wait till the 26th to begin healthy again... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Nice! I wouldn't have thought to use black, but it really makes the red pop. Thanks for posting!

I haven't done one for a few years because we've been going to my sister's, but if I find one of my past ones, I'll post it.
    Please do post. I would love to see your table. I really wish now that I had remembered to take pictures (and better pictures) more than just a few years.

Well, the breakfast menu is set... Sausage gravy on biscuits, hash browns, eggs, juice and coffee...