Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you do on Christmas Day?

Christms is one of the important holiday in the year. So I need to do many things to prepare for this special holiday. I decorate my house, buy Christmas cards, cook Christmas food like turkey. Especially, I give many meaningful Christmas gifts for my love, my friends, and my family. I often buy Christmas gifts at Hobby Lobby beacause this store offers many coupon codes on Christmas items. So I can buy everything I like without breaking the bank.

This year may be nice and quiet, not too certain yet. Christmas Eve will be at a friend/relative home...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

We've been going to my sister's the last couple years and usually play games. I, too, would love to sit in front of a fire just relaxing. And I've tried to watch Christmas shows/movies, but it aggravates my brother-in-law. He's one of those people that as soon as the day hits, it's over and he's all for moving on.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

snack and watch Christmas movies

Not exactly what I had planned this year, but I made it another home for lunch and some opening of presents. The just relaxing back at my home...

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Mine is slightly different from what most of you posted, but pretty much the same. I don't have any family in the area, so I invite friends who also don't have any family in the area to spend the day at my place. The television usually stays off, but we've been known to pop in a Christmas movie or watch a sporting event. I have munchies and drinks throughout the day, then a huge Christmas dinner. I also have this weird preoccupation with setting my Christmas dinner table(s) differently each year (one year Santa themed, one year woodsy themed, one year modern etc) This has been a tradition for several years, and a lot of people prefer spending the day here, because they don't have to deal with family drama.
    Last edited by JollyElfDC; 01-14-2020 at 04:48 PM.

That is very cool JollyElfDC. Back in my military days, I did the same, when duty permitted. Having a 24/7 type of job, I did not always have the luxury of Christmas Day off. When I did, I woud either invite a few of the single people over or if I knew of someone having a rough time being away from the family, I would go in and take hie/her shift and let them go home.

Not much of a comment for this particular strand...