Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you do on Christmas Day?

What do you do on Christmas Day?

Do you do anything besides eat and open gifts?

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

No - basically that's our day!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    No - basically that's our day!
    Do you stay home or visit relatives? Do you watch TV?

frostythesnowman Guest
    we stay at home..the whole family come to me every year..we just spend time with the kids after everone has left..

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    Do you stay home or visit relatives? Do you watch TV?
    We have my husband's family over for Christmas Eve, so that is our big celebration. We open gifts in the morning then it's usually quiet time; maybe the girls will have their boyfriends come for dinner, as they did last year
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    We have my husband's family over for Christmas Eve, so that is our big celebration. We open gifts in the morning then it's usually quiet time; maybe the girls will have their boyfriends come for dinner, as they did last year

I sure appreciate you and frosty! I'm dying for Christmas and dreading it at the same time. I wish I could find someone who would enjoy helping me decorate. I know it's only August and the temperature is very hot outdoors, but my thoughts are of snowflakes and Christmas ornaments!

My 89-year-old mother just went home from the hospital. She had congestive heart failure. She wants to make it through Christmas and I hope she does. When she's gone there's no one in the family who will get excited about Christmas with me. She lives so far away and doesn't have a camera that works, so I don't get to see her tree or help her with it, but we talk on the phone.

This year we are staying in Liverpool for our first family Christmas, I will wake up and make breakfast....bacon sandwiches and pancakes. And put on th coffee put with Christmas coffee. Fight my husband to get him out of bed (he REALLY hates mornings!) Get Amy out of her cot and take her into living room to show her Santa has arrived. (Being 11 months old i dont think she will get it but there is always hope) Have some family time with hubby and Amy. Ring my parents and laugh as my Dad who would be tipsy shouts over mum on the phone. Then pack up our car and go to in laws for Christmas dinner and more gift giving. Then whilst there await the obligatory strop which nephew pulls for the Grandparents.

Go home with a full (ish) belly and open up the special chocolates and Baileys then cosy up on the sofa watching more Christmas films
    Then go on laptop and start the boxing day sales shopping for Amys birthday presents

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Berry View Post
    This year we are staying in Liverpool for our first family Christmas, I will wake up and make breakfast....bacon sandwiches and pancakes. And put on th coffee put with Christmas coffee. Fight my husband to get him out of bed (he REALLY hates mornings!) Get Amy out of her cot and take her into living room to show her Santa has arrived. (Being 11 months old i dont think she will get it but there is always hope) Have some family time with hubby and Amy. Ring my parents and laugh as my Dad who would be tipsy shouts over mum on the phone. Then pack up our car and go to in laws for Christmas dinner and more gift giving. Then whilst there await the obligatory strop which nephew pulls for the Grandparents.

Go home with a full (ish) belly and open up the special chocolates and Baileys then cosy up on the sofa watching more Christmas films
    Then go on laptop and start the boxing day sales shopping for Amys birthday presents

Wonderful post! This was what I was wondering, do people watch movies and play games? I'm excited because a package just arrived with a new game inside.

I hate mornings too most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    Wonderful post! This was what I was wondering, do people watch movies and play games? I'm excited because a package just arrived with a new game inside.

I hate mornings too most of the time.
    usually, by christmas day, nobody wants to watch christmas movies (if we are at my sister's) and sometimes some of us might play a game, like balderdash, charades, pictionary, or maybe hearts. but, sometimes the older adults sit around and talk, with christmas music in the background, while the younger adults are off doing their own thing.
    Last edited by steph535; 11-06-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    usually, by christmas day, nobody want to watch christmas movies (if we are at my sister's) and sometimes some of us might play a game, like balderdash, charades, pictionary, or maybe hearts. but, sometimes the older adults sit around and talk, with christmas music in the background, while the younger adults are off doing their own thing.
    Christmas Day!! I would love to sit near the fireplace (wish i had..), drinking hot wine, reading my books, while listening to old Christmas jazz songs on player...

I usually spend Christmas day with family, have dinner all together, then, the younger (including me!!) go outside for a coffee or a drink with friends.
    Last edited by olga; 11-05-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)