Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A christmas movie for the sake of a christmas movie.

A christmas movie for the sake of a christmas movie.

I am curious if anyone else watches Christmas Movies because they are festive and not because they are good?

I can think of a handful of Christmas movies that are poorly made or poorly scripted but I watch them anyway because of the Christmas Theme. Generally the ABC Family Originals are hit or miss but I sit here and watch all of them -- annually. "Holiday in Handcuffs" (which my girlfriend actually loves) starring Melissa Jone Hart and Mario Lopez is so absurdly implausible in my mind but (without fail) I watch it when it's on.

What are your thoughts?
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I'm guilty of watching a bad movie, over and over, just because it's about Christmas - I'll be Home For Christmas, or Surviving Christmas, are good examples.

But there are a few I watch every year during the holidays that I think are actually good movies that happen to take place around Christmas, like The Family Stone, or Die Hard, so it goes both ways.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

guilty

Definetly guilty
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Me too......"Ernest Saves Christmas". I really like this movie, it makes me laugh and has a good story line but I only know 2 other people who like it and they are both 8.

Guilty..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Guilty as charged

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Very guilty here as well! Including having the Hallmark channel on most everyday during the Christmas season even though there are quite a few poorly made movies on that channel.

Definitely watch those made-for-TV-movies every year. My hubby always asks why I watch them, but then joins right along with me after he gets watching the movie too, LOL. Think it's because it's something new and not a movie you've watched every single year (and sometimes several times during the season). I love the classics, but there are some Christmas movies I've watched so many times in previous years, that I actually have no desire to watch them some years.

Quote Originally Posted by michelmas View Post
    Me too......"Ernest Saves Christmas". I really like this movie, it makes me laugh and has a good story line but I only know 2 other people who like it and they are both 8.
    HaHa - I also enjoy that movie (and I'm 56)
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas