Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas in July

:tree: Christmas in July

This is a strange tradition that I came across a couple of years ago. It's basically decorating for Christmas in July as well as December, and basically celebrating Christmas in the warm weather for people on the northern hemisphere. I personally have never celebrated Christmas in July, but has anybody here?

frostythesnowman Guest
    well i don"t decorate for christmas in july but i always take the 25th july off work to watch QVC christmas in july!!..

No celebrating or decorating, but I watch QVC also.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I have always thought it would be fun but I have never done it. Some old neighbors and I had tossed around the idea, but it never went anywhere. If you have a yard I think it would be fun to decorate a tree in the yard, BBQ a turkey and maybe serve peppermint Ice cream.

I did see one neighborhood last July where everyone had Christmas lights on their houses. I have to admit that I didn't catch on right away!!!

I don't decorate,it's too warm here and you can't get in the mood when is temperature around 30c.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

I recall being a little kid in a Christmas Pageant and we had a song called "Christmas in July" that we sang. That is really the only time I ever heard mention of it .. I am curious where it came from and why July?
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

My pedantic side really thinks it should be "Christmas in June" as opposed to Christmas in July, because is June is usually the warmest month of the year and has the longest days, plus it's exactly six months from actual Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySeason View Post
    My pedantic side really thinks it should be "Christmas in June" as opposed to Christmas in July, because is June is usually the warmest month of the year and has the longest days, plus it's exactly six months from actual Christmas!
    I agree with you as far as June being exactly six months from December. but here, June is not the hottest month. I'd say July and August are.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    I agree with you as far as June being exactly six months from December. but here, June is not the hottest month. I'd say July and August are.
    Here in NYS, July is without a doubt the hottest month. Early August is quite hot too - but it starts to cool off later in the month