Thread: Fireworks!

Fireworks!

One evening after dark (a few weeks ago), my daughter, two grandsons and I were planning to go somewhere, but when we passed the fairgrounds there were fireworks in the sky. We stopped and watched until they were over. We were there at least thirty minutes. We didn't know what the occasion was but it felt like Independence Day. A couple of other cars pulled in behind us. What a strange, delightful event.

We didn't take note of the date, but I'll bet it was Cinco de Mayo.

Our town holds its July 4th fireworks display the Saturday before the 4th. This year, that will be June 30th and I will not be around! Our church is also sponsoring a big carnival that weekend - so will miss that too! But, I'll be visiting my Mom, sister, brother, niece and nephew upstate in Syracuse, NY then, so I'll be having my own fun! This will be the first time I've missed the fireworks in years!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Happy 4th everyone. Enjoy your fireworks!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I actually have not been out to watch fireworks for some time. Here in SD, you have a lot of bugs to out up with in the Summer evenings.
    However, I do like to catch the Boston Pops on TV as they do their salute to the forth with Fireworks at the end. Not the same as being there, but I don't have to cover myself in Off. lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"