Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else already planning for 2013?

I useually start shopping on an occassional basis in July - next month!!!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Hi all!, Well no I haven't really planned anything for Christmas as yet but today here in the UK! it's all grey and gloomy and dark and cold and really windy! and it's absolutely freezing!... so today I have been thinking of a few Christmas ideas and pressies all over in my head!!!.... whilst all snuggled up on the sofa with a blanket/throw over wrap around me! Oh gosh I'm SO Excited!!!!! xxxxxx

Just brought myself a sewing machine and going to be attempting to make some Christmas sock monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Berry View Post
    Just brought myself a sewing machine and going to be attempting to make some Christmas sock monkeys
    I recently bought a sewing machine and am making a quilt. Once finished with that I have some Christmas crafts on my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I recently bought a sewing machine and am making a quilt. Once finished with that I have some Christmas crafts on my mind!
    Ooooh! Im thinking of making a quilt of my daughters out grown outfits, is it hard? Or pretty idiot proof

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Berry View Post
    Ooooh! Im thinking of making a quilt of my daughters out grown outfits, is it hard? Or pretty idiot proof
    I guess you can make it as hard or easy as you want. This is my first quilt - so it is a VERY easy design. I'm actually using my 19 year old's old teeshirts! When in high school she was involved in a Self Defense program. The program has been running for 20 years and she has the third highest wins of all time. She got a teeshirt for each level accomplished. She has over 2500 wins and 49 teeshirts. I cut 14 inch squares from the fronts and backs of each shirt. The shirts are extremly colorful and the backs describe the level each shirt represents. I will post a photo when done!

I haven't done much in the way of actual decorations but I went to my local Bath&Body Works (candles, room fragrances, and body care) and picked up a bunch of their refills for a scent diffuser. A lot of them are more autumn themed, but I did pick up a couple of Gingerbread scented ones I'm going to hold onto for after Thanksgiving. This year is going to be the first year I get a real tree in my bedroom. It's possibly going to be smaller than my fake tree but I'll get the genuine real tree smell!

"It isn't the holly, it isn't the snow. It isn't the tree, not the firelight's glow. It's the warmth that comes to the hearts of men then the Christmas spirit returns again." - Unknown

I have seen the Autumn collection for Yankee candle so i got really excited about that...oh the simple things

Yes, I've somewhat started. I always start to get the itch around this time of year (I know, it's early). I just can't help myself. I'm always looking for new Christmas decor and recipes. I bought a new ornament last month.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryLittleChristmas View Post
    Yes, I've somewhat started. I always start to get the itch around this time of year (I know, it's early). I just can't help myself. I'm always looking for new Christmas decor and recipes. I bought a new ornament last month.
    Nobody here thinks July is too early! I bought a new ornament last month as well.