Thread: Experimenting...

Experimenting...

I have been given a recipe for Mint Chocolate Aero Cheesecake (sounds great for Christmas) Had my first attempt yesterday and well its still soupy after 24 hours of it being in the fridge :( Hubby is loving the experimenting though as it means he is the guinea pig

frostythesnowman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Berry View Post
    I have been given a recipe for Mint Chocolate Aero Cheesecake (sounds great for Christmas) Had my first attempt yesterday and well its still soupy after 24 hours of it being in the fridge :( Hubby is loving the experimenting though as it means he is the guinea pig
    yummy!!!..like the sound of that recipe...

Well i have just put the 2nd attempt in the fridge...looks much better than 1st

frostythesnowman Guest
    let us know how the 2nd attemp comes out penny berry...would love the recipe by the way...

2nd attempt was brilliant

Here is the recipe

250g digestive biscuits
    100g butter, melted
    Vanilla extract (couple of drops)
    600g soft cheese (i used full fat Tesco everyday value)
    100g icing sugar
    234ml pot of double cream
    3 small bars mint aero (i used 1 small bar for base and 1 large for filling)

Base: Crush up the biscuits and 1 bar of aero as fine as possible, add melted butter and mix until the crumbs are completely covered (I have found you may need to add the butter bit by bit, as sometimes the crumbs can get a little to wet if you add it all) Put the crumb mixture into a loose bottomed tin (butter and line the tin first) press down firmly until you have an even layer, chill in the fridge for 1 hour.

Filling: Put the soft cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix until smooth, add the cream and continue to beat until mixture is combine (again I find it is best to add the cream bit by bit) Mix until creamy and thick. Crush 2 bars of aero as fine as possible and beat into mixture. Spoon the mixture on top of the base and leave to set in the fridge overnight.

frostythesnowman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Berry View Post
    2nd attempt was brilliant

Here is the recipe

250g digestive biscuits
    100g butter, melted
    Vanilla extract (couple of drops)
    600g soft cheese (i used full fat Tesco everyday value)
    100g icing sugar
    234ml pot of double cream
    3 small bars mint aero (i used 1 small bar for base and 1 large for filling)

Base: Crush up the biscuits and 1 bar of aero as fine as possible, add melted butter and mix until the crumbs are completely covered (I have found you may need to add the butter bit by bit, as sometimes the crumbs can get a little to wet if you add it all) Put the crumb mixture into a loose bottomed tin (butter and line the tin first) press down firmly until you have an even layer, chill in the fridge for 1 hour.

Filling: Put the soft cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix until smooth, add the cream and continue to beat until mixture is combine (again I find it is best to add the cream bit by bit) Mix until creamy and thick. Crush 2 bars of aero as fine as possible and beat into mixture. Spoon the mixture on top of the base and leave to set in the fridge overnight.
    AWESOME!!!..thanks for the recipe...

We don't have digestive biscuits here and I had to look up Aero.

Aero is a milk chocolate bar filled with bubbles of air (see air chocolate), made by Nestlé and primarily sold in the United Kingdom (where it originated), Ireland, Mainland Europe, Brazil, South Africa, Argentina, Australia, Middle East and Canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_(chocolate)

If it has chocolate, though, it must be delicious!

Been trying out oatmeal and raisin cookies too . Its been great making them as not only are they really simple (im a simple person ) they fill the house with that Christmas smell