Thread: what have you planned for your lover on valentine"s day..

Hybrid View

frostythesnowman Guest

what have you planned for your lover on valentine"s day..

well for me,i give my wife 12 red roses every year,then in the evening i take my wife out for a romantic meal..normally chinese restaurant...whats your plans??

We don't do much. Both of my daughters were born in February - one on 2/18 and one on 2/12. When they were younger, we were always so busy with their birthdays that Valntine's Day would get lost in the shuffle. Now my husband work nights, so he's never even around!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Here in Sweden the celebrating of Valentines day (alla hjärtans dag. in Swedish) is not a big event, but the last couple of years the shops has more and more gifts related to the VD. But I always give my wife some Candy hearts in a heartshaped box.

I more like to suprise her with a gift or a night out when she do not expect it.

Her favorite flower is the Lily of the Valley, unfortunately you can only get it for a short period in the summer here in Sweden. In many parts of the country, this flower is protected and may not be picked in the wild.

So what to do then, I order it from Holland some times.
    Christmas beliver with a passion for christmas-lights

See you at, http://falksonchristmas.cybersite.nu/

Valentines day is really a minor holiday here as well. Usually you buy your significant other some flowers or candy and maybe dinner out. My husband and I don't do anything anymore. Our daughter's birthdays "surround" Valentines Day (one 2/12 and one 2/18) so we concentrate on them
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

No plans. A flower and the biggest hug in the world.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Nothing, forever alone here.