Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking it all down again...

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Our indoor stuff will be taken down and packed away this weekend. I will chip away at the outdoor stuff as weather permits. Last night was the last night I will have my display on outside, but it'll sit out there for a few more weeks as I wait for warmer weather to get stakes out of the ground.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySeason View Post
    I'm making the most of the last five days of having my decorations up. In the UK, most people take down their decorations on the night of 5th January. It's supposed to be bad luck to take them down earlier than that. I don't get why Americans take them down so early! Christmas is twelve-day celebration over here and lasts until Epiphany. Over there it just seems to be about one day. :|
    You couldn't be more wrong. It's absolutely not about one day over here. I have had my lights blazin' since November 22nd.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Usually take most of it down on January 2nd - tomorrow. I did take a few items down today. May have to wait to get the outside stuff totally down as some things are buried in snow!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Here in Sweden the offical day for the end of Christmas is 13th January, so I wait to that weekend and i agree itīs so booring and it becomes so dark in the garden :-(
    Christmas beliver with a passion for christmas-lights

See you at, http://falksonchristmas.cybersite.nu/

I start putting up my decorations the day after Thanksgiving and start taking them down the day after the epiphany (Jan. 6) Most of my friends wait til after Jan. 1 to take theirs down. I put out my snowman collection during January and February. This keeps the house looking jolly during the dark winter months.

Mine all comes down between January 2 and January 5. Today is January 17th and when I was out last night, I would say about 10% of those with outside decs are still up and lit!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas