Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking it all down again...

Taking it all down again...

That's when of the reasons I don't decorate much. It's so depressing taking it all down again. Still it must be done...
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

yeah,hate that too,it so depressing.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Argh! 5th January every year is the day I dread! The house always looks so bare after the decorations are down!

frostythesnowman Guest
    today is when i start taking my decorations down and tomorrow i do the outside...i"m all finished before the 1st january...it"s sooooooooo depressing...........

Not before Jan, 6th. Santa comes on New Year's Day in Greece (St. Vassilios http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_of_Caesarea )
    And the official Christmas Season lasts till Epiphany Day.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

depressing..... it comes and goes too fast!

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    Not before Jan, 6th. Santa comes on New Year's Day in Greece (St. Vassilios http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_of_Caesarea )
    And the official Christmas Season lasts till Epiphany Day.

I'm with you SB no religious reason just any excuse to leave'em burning longer.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Well, I usually wait till New Year's Day to start, but I started last night.

I took the stuff around the house down 2 days ago ...then the tree on New Years Day.
    There is alway's a sense of melancholy every year I take it down but then I think of why Christmas is so special when it returns...because it's not all year long so I try to soak it up when it is here and it is, right up to New Years Day, then I start fresh for what awaits me this next year .
    I enjoy a lot of different things all year long and end it with Christmas and New Years.
    Until next year!

I'm making the most of the last five days of having my decorations up. In the UK, most people take down their decorations on the night of 5th January. It's supposed to be bad luck to take them down earlier than that. I don't get why Americans take them down so early! Christmas is twelve-day celebration over here and lasts until Epiphany. Over there it just seems to be about one day. :|