Quote Originally Posted by sorellehome View Post
If you have not done much decoration this year then what is this is that picture. I think this is too much. You have done a lot. Such type of decoration are generally done at church.
Christmas in July
Thank you! A lot of people have told me that and I might be happier if it were on display somewhere where more people can enjoy it. Having people see and enjoy it is what it’s all about. I would never do this if no one came to see it because it’s just a chore to put up. This year I was worried that there wasn’t going to be any kids around so I was out in the neighborhood inviting every family I saw to bring the kids and see the trains. The neighborhood has grown up and all the kids have moved on to their own lives, although I still have some of the grownup kids bringing their own children by to see it.
I usually spend about a month on this and every year I try to make it easier for the next year. This year I went on vacation during the week I nominally do the decorations so I didn’t have much time putting it up.