Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I didn’t do as much decorating this year.

I didn’t do as much decorating this year.

I made a couple of very small changes to my Christmas tree display. I did however lose my head a little after it was up and bought another Christmas train, but I’m having a little trouble figuring out how to add it in. I may have to completely start over with a whole new display next year.

I think it looks amazing

Thanks, but the tree display is modular and except for a couple of new houses, it’s still the same as last year. We have had lots of visitors come through to see and although everyone likes it they all ask why we haven’t decorated the rest of the house like we usually do.

I did put up a second tree in the family room and I was going to put up a third tree on the front porch, but I got really busy and didn’t have enough time.

If you have not done much decoration this year then what is this is that picture. I think this is too much. You have done a lot. Such type of decoration are generally done at church.
    Christmas in July

Quote Originally Posted by sorellehome View Post
    If you have not done much decoration this year then what is this is that picture. I think this is too much. You have done a lot. Such type of decoration are generally done at church.
    Christmas in July
    Thank you! A lot of people have told me that and I might be happier if it were on display somewhere where more people can enjoy it. Having people see and enjoy it is what it’s all about. I would never do this if no one came to see it because it’s just a chore to put up. This year I was worried that there wasn’t going to be any kids around so I was out in the neighborhood inviting every family I saw to bring the kids and see the trains. The neighborhood has grown up and all the kids have moved on to their own lives, although I still have some of the grownup kids bringing their own children by to see it.
    I usually spend about a month on this and every year I try to make it easier for the next year. This year I went on vacation during the week I nominally do the decorations so I didn’t have much time putting it up.

Still looks very nice this year! Excellent job! :D

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySeason View Post
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySeason View Post
    yeah,absolutelly agree
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Quote Originally Posted by *Snowflake* View Post
    yeah,absolutelly agree
    Thank you Snowflake

Wow, that's beautiful I love the way the railroad and the Christmas village surround the Christmas tree. Very well done

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World