Thread: Gifts for Girlfriend Help

Pmc5089 Guest

Gifts for Girlfriend Help

Alright i need your help u no how bad us guys can be wen it comes to gifts, Well thats my problem. So ill fill you in on details my girlfriend (of 7 months but real serious) is 23 her bday is on January 3d and christmas is obv. the 25th. So i only have a limited amount of money basically nothing lol but she has a Michael Kors watch she got last yr and has Michael Kors bag to so i guess she is a fan of that Kors character so from your perspective wat our my options for gifts? or wats the trends this year for girls? I was thinking a Marc Jacobs watch or Mike Kors watch or bag lol idk so as u can tell i clearly need ur help and wat do i do ,do i get one gift for her bday as well as christmas or get one for each i was thinking for example like a necklece one gift then matching earings for the other one idk if u can help that would be great. She is a really pretty girl and into fashion and flashy things thank u.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I suggest making her birthday the main gift and giving her a filled stocking for Christmas. In the stocking you can give her a few nice things like a fancy scarf and maybe some earings and then fill the rest with inexpensive but thoughtful things like her favorite candy, a small stuffed animal and maybe a DVD.

How about a hamper? You can buy cheaper products but put them together in a way that makes it obvious it's taken time and effort, and that makes it look altogether a lot more flashy than it is?

You could pop some lovely pamper products in like bath bombs and body lotions. I really love Diesel loverdose perfume but it's a bit pricey for a big bottle. If you're doing a hamper you could pop a couple of little bottles in: http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/15095...var=sbar&cbt=y The thought is there, the lovely smell is there, but it doesn't cost the earth You could pop some pjs in - maybe a onesie, they're quite 'in' right now. Maybe some new undies Altogether you could get something together for £30 if you buy in the right places. Is that within your budget?

Young man here's a little advice from someone who has been romancing the same young lady for 38 years.
    For Christmas I would go with jewelry you don't have to be extravagant just something pretty like earrings or one of those heart necklaces where you keep half and they have the other you want something that will remind her of you.

For the birthday I recommend flowers while roses are always first rate if you are on a budget you can find any number of less expensive bouquets.If you can have them delivered to her at her place of work that's even better.Follow that up by taking her somewhere quiet and cozy for a candle lit dinner.Again the intimacy and ambiance of the restaurant are more important than the price.Making her a candle lit dinner is another option if you are handy in the kitchen.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    Young man here's a little advice from someone who has been romancing the same young lady for 38 years.
    For Christmas I would go with jewelry you don't have to be extravagant just something pretty like earrings or one of those heart necklaces where you keep half and they have the other you want something that will remind her of you.

For the birthday I recommend flowers while roses are always first rate if you are on a budget you can find any number of less expensive bouquets.If you can have them delivered to her at her place of work that's even better.Follow that up by taking her somewhere quiet and cozy for a candle lit dinner.Again the intimacy and ambiance of the restaurant are more important than the price.Making her a candle lit dinner is another option if you are handy in the kitchen.
    Your missus is a very lucky young lady indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    Your missus is a very lucky young lady indeed
    Thanks Christmas Mama but she's not near as lucky as I am to have her.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

I guess in the world we live in makes people want more instead of being content of the things we already have. I think gifts are all important and makes the recipient happy when receiving the goods, but I think it's the matter of the thought and the time spent by the giver in purchasing a gift regardless of the price. Michael Kors, Diesel, and other brand products are all so good, but try looking into something she might really need from the conversations you guys have..?