Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what time do you get up on christmas morning

frostythesnowman Guest

what time do you get up on christmas morning

hi guys.....what time do you get up on christmas morning.....for me well we always get up early...most christmas"s we are up before 5am.....we always open a present at midnight on christmas morning...just a tradition we always did......how about you guys????

hmm.... varies. when the kids were little, we got up early, but not as early as 5. My two youngest, that live at home, are grown now, so they don't get up early anymore, at least not like they did. so... if we are home, we get up at 8 at the earliest, maybe 9. and if we are out of town, we still get up by around the same time, since all my sister's kids are grown, too.

Pretty much the same as Steph .... When kids were little, we were up at the crack of dawn (they made sure we were)....LOL

They're grown up now .... so I get up about 8am to prepare Christmas Breakfast

7:30-8:00

If we go to church we get up as early as 5am. If not around 8ish

Nice thread

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

My two "kids" still live at home although they are both adults (27 and 18). When the 27 year old was young, I only remember 2 Christmases that she woke us up early. She loved to sleep in, so I had to wake her up. The younger one always liked to wake us up early. Now every one but me sleeps in!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Well, my kids are 27,25,20 and 19 and last year I would got up at 5.30am to get the living room ready, making sure all the name tags ( they make them ) are on the
    right sofa and chairs. But I think this year all the pressies will be under the tree..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Well, my kids are 27,25,20 and 19 and last year I would got up at 5.30am to get the living room ready, making sure all the name tags ( they make them ) are on the
    right sofa and chairs. But I think this year all the pressies will be under the tree..
    Tink do you separate the gifts on different chairs?
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

1970s: 5 AM
    1980s: 6 AM
    1990s: 6 AM
    2000s: 8 AM
    Last few years: 9 AM

I miss my daughter not being a little kid anymore, as she is in her senior year of college. But I am enjoying sleeping in on Christmas Day finally.
    http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19786&dateline=132203  4169

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Tink do you separate the gifts on different chairs?
    Yep, all had different chairs and they made their own name tag so Santa knew where to put them..
    Merry Christmas to all...