Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toronto's Eaton Center "Christmas Tree"

Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwig View Post
    Ugly. Ugly Ugly. Ugly. I suppose the mall is trying to be "HIP" or something with this "ARTISTIC" Christmas Tree .. but to me .. it just looks like ca-ca. Near here we have Rockefeller Center's Christmas Tree, which is pretty much THE BIGGEST touring attraction in NYC during the Christmas Season. They've always had a real tree and I think if they ever went fake (let alone this thing) people would revolt.

Is this "THE" Christmas Tree of Toranto or is there a more popular one city-center or something?
    Fist of all, I love the Rockefeller tree, and look forward to seeing it again in two weeks when I visit NYC for the third Christmas in a row! Secondly, luckily this isn't the "Official Toronto Tree" but more like the one that most tourists will see, as they come into the city for shopping. Like the "Mall Santa" the "Mall Tree" is usually a big attraction too.

Our official tree is at City Hall (just a couple blocks from the mall), and thankfully looks like this:

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I'm not a fan either. It would work in Tomorrow Land at Disney, but that is probably the only place where I think it might look good. I realize most of us are only going by the picture, Does it look better in person?
    No. No it does not. In fact, in person you can see there are huge ornaments UNDER the ribbons... which just look stupid and out of place.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    So, it's been all over the news here... instead of the regular Sworofski-covered Christmas Tree that the mall has been putting up for the last 10+ years, they replaced it with this:

I, personally, HATE IT! I loved the Swarofski tree, especially because it rotated and was very, VERY sparkly (reminded me of CrazyMike's Tree!)... what does everyone else think?
    Don't like it !!!! ...... at all !!!!

2011 much prettier.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    Fist of all, I love the Rockefeller tree, and look forward to seeing it again in two weeks when I visit NYC for the third Christmas in a row! Secondly, luckily this isn't the "Official Toronto Tree" but more like the one that most tourists will see, as they come into the city for shopping. Like the "Mall Santa" the "Mall Tree" is usually a big attraction too.

Our official tree is at City Hall (just a couple blocks from the mall), and thankfully looks like this:

I may be a little bias but I think the Rockefeller tree is the best. (One year the tree they selected came from my town!) Hope you have a good trip to New York, the city at Christmas time is the best. I believe they will be having the tree lighting this week sometime, it is always a big thing on TV.

The Toronto City Hall tree looks great.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I think that they need my help to do next years tree That tree is nasty. I would love to find who was responsible for that design...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    I think that they need my help to do next years tree That tree is nasty. I would love to find who was responsible for that design...
    There's been absolutely no good press about it this year, other than "making people talk" I doubt it'll be back again next year! They definitely need your help - your tree should graduate from Best Tree In The Suburbs to The Main Attraction!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

OMG, look at this in Brussels: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20302574

It seems modern is really going too far now! Traditional is best! :|

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySeason View Post
    OMG, look at this in Brussels: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20302574

It seems modern is really going too far now! Traditional is best! :|
    yes, I much prefer traditional, too.

Chantelle, yep, that tree is hideous. Traditional all the way!

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com