Thread: Foam Snowflake Decorations

Foam Snowflake Decorations

I found this kit at the Dollar Store, and bought some Fishing Line too while I was there, to hang them. Not quite finished yet - this is me working on them.
    I'm going to decorate my kitchen, once I finish - here's my work in progress:

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Good idea about the fishing line, but please be careful to ensure that pets and children can't get caught in it, that can be lethal. What sort of foam is that? I used to work in the packaging industry, until the factory closed, and used to cut foam like that using either a die stamp or a hot wire (yes with my moley eyes!) We used to make giant snowflakes and decorate the factory, and the office windows with them.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

I don't know what kind of foam it is - craft foam? Haha. The lines will be from the ceiling, and over the kitchen island (counter), no where near anybody - so we'll be very safe!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I used fishing line last year to hang snowflakes from the ceiling ... however was reading somewhere that just plain white thread is better as it does not catch the light from light fixtures when on in the evenings.

I'm not sure ... would have to try both to decide ...

This is a nice idea of creating foam. This is a lovely idea of decorating home on the special occasion of Christmas. This will give a great look. This year on Christmas I will definitely apply this decorative tip.
    Christmas Figurines