Thread: I'm panicking!!! Please help-need gift suggestions!!

Cjade Guest

I'm panicking!!! Please help-need gift suggestions!!

Ok, I'm a widowed mother of 3 (2 girls-10&11 1 boy-8). Here's my major dilemma: my late husbands parents have custody of them & it's been this way for a while. My kids have EVERYTHING - tons of good clothes & shoes (miss me, north face, justice, ugg, toms etc) & everything electronic iPods, iPhone, desktop comp, laptop, wii, & are getting kindle fires this year!!! I want to get them something that will mean something to them, something they can keep forever. I need it to not be too pricey as I don't make a lot of money. Any suggestions?

frostythesnowman Guest
    hi cjade....hummmmm!......ok how about a jewellery box or a charm bracelet,locket necklace,thats for the girls and for the wee lad maybe be a new bike,hummm tickets to a sporting event.....maybe season ticket to his fav soccer team,hummmm!....baseball glove and a new bat....hope that helps abit cjade!.............

Though it might sound strange, I would buy them a good book, one that is a classic and has deep meanings. Books can take children to a different world and as I child I loved them.

Matthew28 Guest
    Hi Jade,

Have you tried something like www.votemygift.com? I think it's really nice because you don't need to ask perfect strangers about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ernies View Post
    Though it might sound strange, I would buy them a good book, one that is a classic and has deep meanings. Books can take children to a different world and as I child I loved them.
    I love the idea of a good book! Though would worry if they're getting Kindles that it might not be appreciated as much as it could :(

Quote Originally Posted by frostythe snowman View Post
    hi cjade....hummmmm!......ok how about a jewellery box or a charm bracelet,locket necklace,thats for the girls and for the wee lad maybe be a new bike,hummm tickets to a sporting event.....maybe season ticket to his fav soccer team,hummmm!....baseball glove and a new bat....hope that helps abit cjade!.............
    I agree with frosty about the jewellery box or nice piece of jewelry - If you got a charm bracelet, you could buy a new charm each birthday or Christmas so you always have something to get them I'm not sure about your son... It sounds like all your children have quite 'grown up' possessions at the moment - what about something that uses imagination - Lego? Or a train set?

For the boy how about something that was his Dad's.I am a toolmaker and own a lot of hand tools but one of my most prized possessions is a tape measure that was my Dad's.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    For the boy how about something that was his Dad's.I am a toolmaker and own a lot of hand tools but one of my most prized possessions is a tape measure that was my Dad's.
    Aw that's a lovely idea

As you want that the gift should remain with your kids forever, in that case you can gift some jewelry like earrings or pendant which they could keep with them forever. For your son you can gift a collection of his photographs from his childhood till now in a single frame. I think he will definitely like this.
    Mother of Pearl Earrings

It seems like your three children have all the things they could ask for from their father and grandparents.
    Sometimes I think the greatest gift could be a few hours of your time. All the materialistic goods sound so wonderful and exciting, but it is the love of their mother that they miss and would want. Perhaps you could invite them over to your place for a day and cook their favorite meals and play some mother to daughter&son time.
    Merry Christmas to you and to your children

What are some things they are passionate about? Are the boys into sports? If so, you could get tickets to a game and take them to spend time with them. Something along those lines would be great.