View Poll Results: When do you put up your Christmas decorations?

Voters
14. This poll is closed
  • Before 1st November

0 0%
  • 1st - 15th November

2 14.29%
  • 15th - 30th November (Advent Sunday or Thanksgiving))

7 50.00%
  • 1st - 10th December

3 21.43%
  • 10th - 15th December

2 14.29%
  • 15th - 20th December

0 0%
  • 20th - 24th December

0 0%
  • I don't decorate for Christmas

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When do your decorations go up?

We will start sometime between Thanksgiving evening and the Sunday following

We are probably going to start this Sunday I've already put up a wreath! Cant wait!

It seems that mid-late November is the time for most people on this forum! In my hometown, I've currently only seen one house decorated for Christmas so far, but come mid-December and there's always a few really well-decorated homes.

1st December usually. It's been that way since I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by HolidaySeason View Post
    It seems that mid-late November is the time for most people on this forum! In my hometown, I've currently only seen one house decorated for Christmas so far, but come mid-December and there's always a few really well-decorated homes.
    well, according to the poll, that's true. however, I think most probably put up their decorations right after Thanksgiving (US). When I saw the options of the poll, I was thinking, 'but mid-November is too early for me' but, since I usually start decorating by Thanksgiving or the following weekend, that's what I chose. I have not seen any places decorated in my neighborhood yet. oh, except for one mobile home on the way to the store; they have their front door decorated and have a giant santa on it.

empeda Guest
    I think traditionally decorations were only supposed to be for the 12 days of Christmas (25th December - 5th January), but that doesn't really work in the modern world!

Sometime in December - usually the first week when the kids start getting their advent calendars I find is a good time.

the day after T-day

I start today! There are at least 8 houses in my immediate neighborhood that are fully decorated on the outside!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by empeda View Post
    I think traditionally decorations were only supposed to be for the 12 days of Christmas (25th December - 5th January), but that doesn't really work in the modern world!

Sometime in December - usually the first week when the kids start getting their advent calendars I find is a good time.
    my mother used to do that but, being the youngest, I don't remember it.

I will probably start tomorrow, but I have all the things staged in the garage at the moment. I still have a couple more pieces of hardware (screws and hooks) to pick up before I start. EVERY YEAR I start decorating and then realize that I have lost an extension cord over the previous year or the year round decoration hooks that stay along the roof have broken or fallen off. I hate leaving a half decorated lawn to run to the store.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens