Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you remember about your childhood christmases?

I remember I used to do some heavy snooping when I was little before school in my parents room. One time, I found a SuperNintendo and I almost peed my pants. I also remember my first bike, awesome memories! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the snowman View Post
    When I was young (mid70's to early 80's) my parents would alway's be out visiting and my brothers and I would stay home, turn off all the lights , turn the tree on and listen to Christmas records...we would take turns talking about what we would do if we were the first one up on Christmas morning! Now that I'm older I still turn all the lights off turn the tree on and listen to records ,cassettes, CD and even 8 tracks...I love the sound of the less quality from the old medias.
    That is so cool. I never got to do that until after I got married. But before we got married, we listened to Christmas music(LPs) together in July.

Our Christmases were really nice after my mother's second and third husbands were out of the picture. The second husband didn't want to spend money on a tree and the third one thought that Christmas was a time to get drunk. After that, my sister and I were old enough to start making Christmas ornaments. We made felt birds with sequins on them. And we were able to buy gifts for our younger siblings.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Our Christmases were really nice after my mother's second and third husbands were out of the picture. The second husband didn't want to spend money on a tree and the third one thought that Christmas was a time to get drunk. After that, my sister and I were old enough to start making Christmas ornaments. We made felt birds with sequins on them. And we were able to buy gifts for our younger siblings.
    Sad...sounds like your mom really knew how to pick 'em.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    This reminds me of my own great-grandma. She was born in the 1880's and was married 7 times - we aren't even sure if she legally married all of them - at a time when this was not done! Talking about not knowing how to pick them! Actually she oulived 3 of them, and one was institutionalized. But maybe she was the bad pick!!!

My grandma would always talk about her dad on Christmas. She idolized him, and used to say that her Mom drove him to the "nut-house". LOL
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas