Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A christmas movie for the sake of a christmas movie.

I rarely watch poor christmas movies..i seem to have a select list of movies i stick too every year..non of which are poor imo.

Santa Claus the movie
    Home Alone 1,2,3,4.
    Christmas with the Kranks
    Scrooge
    Deck the Halls
    Polar Express
    Elf
    Few more which i can't remember off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmas24 View Post
    I rarely watch poor christmas movies..i seem to have a select list of movies i stick too every year..non of which are poor imo.

Santa Claus the movie
    Home Alone 1,2,3,4.
    Christmas with the Kranks
    Scrooge
    Deck the Halls
    Polar Express
    Elf
    Few more which i can't remember off the top of my head.
    None of the oldies? Holiday Inn? White Christmas? Miracle on 34th Street?
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

well,actually no. If I see some Christmas movie I never saw before I will probably watch it because I'm curious if is any good but if I know this movie and I know that is not good I will not watch it.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Absolutely. We record a bunch of the Hallmark originals every year and watch them all. I'd say the majority of them are pretty crappy, but one thing they succeed in doing is making me "feel" Christmassy. Just the imagery and visual reminders of Christmas usually make me feel good...even if the plot blows!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Watching a Hallmark Christmas movie is sort of like going to Olive Garden or TGI Friday's. People don't go to those places for amazing food. They go because they know what they are getting, and will leave with a pleasant but unmemorable meal. The Hallmark movies aren't bad, but they are as predictable as a prarie landscape. One that I rememember involves Dean Cain being asked to temporarily look after three orphan boys. I'm sure I'm not spoiling anything by saying he ends up adopting them at the end. I knew what was going to happen before I ever saw the movie, but I still watched the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    Watching a Hallmark Christmas movie is sort of like going to Olive Garden or TGI Friday's. People don't go to those places for amazing food. They go because they know what they are getting, and will leave with a pleasant but unmemorable meal. The Hallmark movies aren't bad, but they are as predictable as a prarie landscape. One that I rememember involves Dean Cain being asked to temporarily look after three orphan boys. I'm sure I'm not spoiling anything by saying he ends up adopting them at the end. I knew what was going to happen before I ever saw the movie, but I still watched the whole thing.
    Agree!

I only watch Christmas movies that I always love. Frosty and Rudolph are boring to me, I love how the grinch stole christmas and Elf.

Guilty!!!
    "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas".
    Calvin Coolidge

Four Christmases is a prime example, also A Christmas Story 2, is not a good movie, but I'll still watch it.

I will always watch at least once. Everybody has their own sense of good and bad. For exampkle - I can't stand Jim Carrey in How the Grinch Stole Christmas - although I love the old cartoon. I also can barely tolerate Elf (only because I love James Caan) and other people love it!