Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decorating Agenda

Decorating Agenda

Do you have a special way of decorating...a special order...a specific time frame? How long does it take you to complete your decorating?

I always start decorating Thanksgiving night. I start by taking down all of my everyday items and prepare a "blank slate" for my Christmas stuff that first night. On day one, I usually do my outside display. Day two is devoted to inside decorations (mantle, bathroom, Santas, Snowmen, Nutcrackers, Stuffed Animals, Doll tree and inside lights). Day three is my village set up (this is a MAJOR under-taking),. On day four, I set up my tree. I move alot slower than I used to so it is possible that I may go into the 5th day before all is finished.

I would start earlier in November, but I always host Thanksgiving dinner at my house. I love that holiday and like to give it it's own respect - autumn decor. Unfortunately, Thanksgiving falls late this year (Nov. 28th) so decorating won't be done until Dec. 2nd. My sister and her family are visiting from Seattle this year. It will be the first time in MANY years we've spent Christmas with them - so I want everything to be perfect! NO STRESS!!!

I may have to do a few things ahead of time - like the bathroom and doll tree!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

that was nice to read ornamentmaven I will also write later the way we decorate our house
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

I've decided to start a tradition of setting up this display first.

Joseph is being added this year.

The rest of what I do depends on my mood and my energy level. I don't start the window decoration until after I've washed the window inside and out. The main tree gets done when my granddaughter L. can come over.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    I've decided to start a tradition of setting up this display first.

Joseph is being added this year.

The rest of what I do depends on my mood and my energy level. I don't start the window decoration until after I've washed the window inside and out. The main tree gets done when my granddaughter L. can come over.
    Mary is so pretty. I usually plan to do the outside decorations first. This allows me to be flexible in case I need to change the date due to bad weather!

beautiful ornament Mary We first decorate for Saint Nicolas, we put stockings on the window and the rest of ornaments. Then in the middle of December we put our tree and decorate the rest of our house.At the end we put lights outdoor on our balcony.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

I try to start the first of November in the hope that Papa's Christmas Wonderland is ready to light up by Thanksgiving.
    A goal that is seldom achieved I might add.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

I guess I am lucky that I don't have to wait till after American Thanksgiving to start decorating - but since my Birthday is on November 23rd (and my Brother's is on November 27th) - it was always a rule in my house that we couldn't decorate for Christmas till after both Birthdays were over.

So, now that I'm an adult - I always start decorating after my birthday but before my Brother's birthday!

Usually my Bedroom Tree goes up first - it's the only one that is decorated the exact same every year. Then, I'll do little touches around the house like garland and bathroom things. My Christmas Villiage usually gets set up sometime in the first week of December, followed by the Big Living Room Tree which we usually cut down the first or second weekend in December (this year it will be late - December 14th a mere 10 days before Christmas since I'll be in Mexico on Vacation from November 29th-December 9th!!!).

That's the plan, anyway - we'll see how it goes (I'm learning to be flexible with a Baby around!)

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

My husband and I just bought our first home a year ago, so we really do not have too much décor, yet. I usually put my tree up pretty early in November, its fake so I don't have to worry about it dying, haha. I have a garland with lights that I put around the tv stand. I put out the blankets. I am really hoping to find some neat stuff this year.
    This will also be the first year I decorate outside. I really want to string lights on the house, but I might have to get my dad to help (husband is afraid of heights...LOL!).

I am so, so excited. I cannot wait for Christmas music...everything!

[QUOTE=AllIwantforChristmasisU;121508]My husband and I just bought our first home a year ago, so we really do not have too much décor, yet. I usually put my tree up pretty early in November, its fake so I don't have to worry about it dying, haha. I have a garland with lights that I put around the tv stand. I put out the blankets. I am really hoping to find some neat stuff this year.
    This will also be the first year I decorate outside. I really want to string lights on the house, but I might have to get my dad to help (husband is afraid of heights...LOL!).

I know how it is to have a husband who is afraid of heights - so over the years I've learned to live with low-lying lights - shrubs, front door, lowest branches of trees. You may want to invest in a sculpture type of lighted Christmas decoration - like a set of deer.

[QUOTE=ornamentmaven;121522]
    Quote Originally Posted by AllIwantforChristmasisU View Post
    My husband and I just bought our first home a year ago, so we really do not have too much décor, yet. I usually put my tree up pretty early in November, its fake so I don't have to worry about it dying, haha. I have a garland with lights that I put around the tv stand. I put out the blankets. I am really hoping to find some neat stuff this year.

I know how it is to have a husband who is afraid of heights - so over the years I've learned to live with low-lying lights - shrubs, front door, lowest branches of trees. You may want to invest in a sculpture type of lighted Christmas decoration - like a set of deer.
    Oooh, all good ideas! I never really thought about just keeping it within my height, haha.

Another reason he shouldn't be up there, well, this will probably matter more next year, but he is getting a kidney transplant VERY soon. It might be before this Christmas...right now my dad is supposed to be the Doner but my mom doesn't want it till happen till January. BUT, he got a call and is being tested for a potential doner next week, I don't know if that means they have one or what. They are having his mom test now too.