Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last Christmas Item you bought?

Ornamental Christmas Bells for the wreaths...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Mostly after Halloween, but if I find things that I think will be cool in the stockings, I get them right away. The stockings are always in easy reach and we have an "assembly" line, right after thanksgiving to get them al out in time.
    About how many stockings do you do each year?
    I've finally gotten myself to the point of collecting ideas throughout the year, so I don't get so stressed out trying to be creative for everyone.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I bought so many things!
    But this is probably the most memorable: a Super Mario Advent Calendar

Got it for my brother's family because there's a little one at home, recently quite into Nintendo games.

Looked super cute, I almost wanted it for myself. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    About how many stockings do you do each year?
    I've finally gotten myself to the point of collecting ideas throughout the year, so I don't get so stressed out trying to be creative for everyone.
    8 - 16. We look at the people we know and decide around March how many and how will get stockings this year.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

8 - 16. We look at the people we know and decide around March how many and how will get stockings this year.
    I normally do about 8, but there are other people contributing to each stocking, too. I can't imagine doing 16! We don't really put much candy/food in them, they're mostly small gifts, so it gets challenging.
    Is your wife into Christmas as much as you are? Deciding in March about the stockings, when almost everyone else is wholeheartedly looking forward to spring...lol
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I normally do about 8, but there are other people contributing to each stocking, too. I can't imagine doing 16! We don't really put much candy/food in them, they're mostly small gifts, so it gets challenging.
    Is your wife into Christmas as much as you are? Deciding in March about the stockings, when almost everyone else is wholeheartedly looking forward to spring...lol
    She was not at first. When I went out to see her (before we were married) I had just retired from the military. I asked if she minded if I decorated the house for Christmas, since she did not get ito it as much (besides a tree) and when she came home that night, her eyes about popped out of her head. Originally she thought it was too much, but got use to it quickly and the year were put up 14 trees, she could not tell enough of her friends and had them come over to check it out. Our stockings contain an orange, a candy cane, some type of chocolate (usually coins), a Christmas novelty item (such as light glasses), a small game, a holiday Pez dispenser and a small gift card.

She was not at first. When I went out to see her (before we were married) I had just retired from the military. I asked if she minded if I decorated the house for Christmas, since she did not get ito it as much (besides a tree) and when she came home that night, her eyes about popped out of her head. Originally she thought it was too much, but got use to it quickly and the year were put up 14 trees, she could not tell enough of her friends and had them come over to check it out. Our stockings contain an orange, a candy cane, some type of chocolate (usually coins), a Christmas novelty item (such as light glasses), a small game, a holiday Pez dispenser and a small gift card.
    That's nice that you had a positive influence on your wife- brought a little more cheer into her life.

14 trees? Was that one in every room and one room had multiple, like a forest?

That's nice that you had a positive influence on your wife- brought a little more cheer into her life.

14 trees? Was that one in every room and one room had multiple, like a forest?
    We had a Christmas Tree forest (ten of the trees) in a downstairs room we cleaned out for the occasion. Complete with Buffalo snow, stuffed animals and a fountain in the corner.

We had a Christmas Tree forest (ten of the trees) in a downstairs room we cleaned out for the occasion. Complete with Buffalo snow, stuffed animals and a fountain in the corner.
    Wow, that must have been something. A scene right out of Rudolph, I imagine...

Wow, that must have been something. A scene right out of Rudolph, I imagine...
    It was a pure delight. I wish I knew how to paste photos here and I could show it...