Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last Christmas Item you bought?

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Every year I get my friends little boy an advent calendar and an ornament, to help him kick off the season. Today I bought him the Spider-Man ornament from Hallmark. The only place I've seen calendars this year are at Trader Joe's, and I thought they were ugly, so I still haven't purchased one. Since I have to mail it this year, I'm also looking for some Christmas coloring books to fill up the box, but I haven't seen those either.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    Every year I get my friends little boy an advent calendar and an ornament, to help him kick off the season. Today I bought him the Spider-Man ornament from Hallmark. The only place I've seen calendars this year are at Trader Joe's, and I thought they were ugly, so I still haven't purchased one. Since I have to mail it this year, I'm also looking for some Christmas coloring books to fill up the box, but I haven't seen those either.
    I have seen several advent style calendars at Wal-Mart and a couple at my local Hallmark store. Good hunting...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I have seen several advent style calendars at Wal-Mart and a couple at my local Hallmark store. Good hunting...
    Thanks. I found one today at World Market.

I purchased a Christmas coloring book to go with the ornament and calendar. I didn't really like the style of the pictures, but it was literally the only one I found. I also bought a new home ornament for my friend.

Picked up a Harry Potter stocking to go in my wife's library and her soon to be Harry Potter themed Christmas room...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Snowflake place card holders and salt and pepper shakers.

Filling the last two stockings for my daughter and lovely wife...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Filling the last two stockings for my daughter and lovely wife...
    Were they big? What did you put?

I purchased some Christmas floral picks on sale, that I plan to turn in to napkin rings. I'm not a craft person, so this should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolotto View Post
    Were they big? What did you put?
    Normal size. Contents: Microwave popcorn, hot cocoa (2), orange, snack pack of Oreo cookies, snack pack of PB Crackers, Chocolate coins, candy cane, lifesavers, a small game and a gift certificate to Applebees.