Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last Christmas Item you bought?

I bought this at a discount a while back:

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

I was inspired by MW and stopped at Walmart today and bought a Christmas jigsaw puzzle. They only had 1, as in O-N-E, believe it or not, but at least it's a good one. It's called 'Victorian Christmas.' My daughter and I have all the edge pieces put together, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    I was inspired by MW and stopped at Walmart today and bought a Christmas jigsaw puzzle. They only had 1, as in O-N-E, believe it or not, but at least it's a good one. It's called 'Victorian Christmas.' My daughter and I have all the edge pieces put together, so far.
    Is it the one by Thomas Kinkade?

http://unclesgames.com/product_info....ducts_id/17944

"I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    no, that's not the one, but that one looks very nice. The one I bought is a glow in the dark kind and made by Puzzle Makers International. I can't find it on Walmart's website.

I did a search for it and a link came up for amazon. I paid between $8 and $9 for it at our local Walmart. The unscrupulous person/company selling it on amazon is charging $57 for it!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    I did a search for it and a link came up for amazon. I paid between $8 and $9 for it at our local Walmart. The unscrupulous person/company selling it on amazon is charging $57 for it!!!!!!!!!
    GLOW IN THE DARK Victorian Christmas 1000 Piece Puzzle, that's a snowy city scene.

Although I must confess that I limit myself to 500 pieces most of the time; occasionally I go up to 750. I prefer 500 pieces because I'm usually doing it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    GLOW IN THE DARK Victorian Christmas 1000 Piece Puzzle, that's a snowy city scene.

Although I must confess that I limit myself to 500 pieces most of the time; occasionally I go up to 750. I prefer 500 pieces because I'm usually doing it alone.
    yep, that's the one. and, yeah, it's gonna take a long time to finish since I think I will end up doing most of it myself, too.

I have been buying LOTS of things! Some I'll have to show later, though, when my tree gets set up.

In the meantime I bought two Foam Craft Projects. One I intend to decorate our new place (moving in 5 days!!!) and the other will be fun to do with my Mom this weekend (after the Santa Claus Parade on Sunday!):

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    I have been buying LOTS of things! Some I'll have to show later, though, when my tree gets set up.

In the meantime I bought two Foam Craft Projects. One I intend to decorate our new place (moving in 5 days!!!) and the other will be fun to do with my Mom this weekend (after the Santa Claus Parade on Sunday!):
    Cool! I love doing crafts and when I start looking for my Christmas decorations, I always run across craft kits that I forgot to make.