Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gift Giving in My Family

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    Glad we weren't the only ones.

By the way, I was eventually invited to the wedding and went.
    That's good to hear, Merry....
    Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    Glad we weren't the only ones.

By the way, I was eventually invited to the wedding and went.

That's a relief. Those are BEAUTIFUL ornaments, and as someone who has JUST STARTED collecting vintage ornaments, I can say that they would indeed make a lovley gift!

As for the topic of this thread - my Husband and I buy eachother gifts, I LOVE the surprise, and he's really good at picking out things I'd LOVE
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

well I'm not married but my boyfriend and I buy eachother gifts
    It's just special to give someone close to you
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

The link actually took me to an unrelated article but I initially assumed the quote meant that people were inclined to buy themselves gifts in addition to their holiday purchases during shopping (a pair of boots for so and so, a jacket for myself. A new set of pots and pans for this person, a new radio for myself. etc)

I am unmarried but generally buy the gift for my girlfriend -- I suppose it may be different when we share a budget and bank account but, for the time being, it works well.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwig View Post
    The link actually took me to an unrelated article but I initially assumed the quote meant that people were inclined to buy themselves gifts in addition to their holiday purchases during shopping (a pair of boots for so and so, a jacket for myself. A new set of pots and pans for this person, a new radio for myself. etc)

I am unmarried but generally buy the gift for my girlfriend -- I suppose it may be different when we share a budget and bank account but, for the time being, it works well.
    Holiday gifts: What women want, men don't give

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
    When it comes to gifts, it's not the thought that counts. At least, not in America's wealthiest households.
    Two-thirds of affluent American women want gift cards. But less than a fifth of men will give it to them, according to a report from American Express Publishing and the Harrison Group out Thursday.

Instead, 70% of women are gifted clothing or jewelry.

A survey of 625 households that represent the top 10% of the nation's wage earners found a wide gap between what people want and what they will actually get.
    http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/18/pf/h...men/index.html

According to the article women don't buy what men really want either.