Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gift Giving in My Family

:gift: Gift Giving in My Family

"Nearly half of women said they were extremely, or very likely, to buy themselves presents this holiday season. A third of men have similar intentions."
    Emily Jane Fox, CNNMoney.com
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/holida...153800266.html

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Well, I am about half way done with my purchases for the year! Have 11 gifts purchased and wrapped and 11 more to go. When we were younger we all exchanged gifts - my husband and I bought for our parents, 2 daughters, 6 siblings (and 5 spouses), 11 nieces and nephews, staff and co-workers, as well as gifts for the kid's teachers and coaches. I would have in excess of 50 gifts to wrap! Now that everyone is older, I buy: 6 gifts for each daughter (mainly inexpensive stuff), 4 gifts for hubby, my Mom, my Mom-in-law, my grand-niece and my daughters' boyfriends. My budget is way down - thankfully - and life is easier!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I must have been asleep when I started this thread! I meant to say that my husband and I usually bought our own gifts. We were both satisfied with that method.

In the past I gave my granddaughter some ornaments that were on Darling's and my first Christmas tree. I thought she'd really treasure them. Now she's upset with me and won't invite me to her wedding. I'm really sad.

These were on our first tree (they were made in West Germany, large ones were purchased at Montgomery Ward in 1970):

I just got these on eBay(they haven't been stored as carefully as mine, but I think some will be undamaged):

My original ornaments were just like these. Our first tree was in 1978 and all of my ornaments were blown glass and glitter

Enough from you teo! Boobleheads are low-class gifts!

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Christmas Darling View Post
    I must have been asleep when I started this thread! I meant to say that my husband and I usually bought our own gifts. We were both satisfied with that method.
    Hubby and I always buy our own presents, have always done it that way....works well.....
    Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Hubby and I always buy our own presents, have always done it that way....works well.....
    Glad we weren't the only ones.

By the way, I was eventually invited to the wedding and went.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Interesting...My wife and I still buy gifts for each other. It's pretty easy though because we are both so grateful that there is never any negativity. At this stage in our lives, it's truly about the boys, and making the season magical for THEM! I always try to sneak in a "homerun" gift though. One I KNOW she will love!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I also still purchase gifts for my husband - even after 34 years! I keep my ears open all year for what he might like and then I akways know what he needs. He despises clothes shopping so usually a shirt and a pair of pants will do fine