Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Candy Cane Christmas Ornament

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFairy View Post
    I am also into themed trees ... that is sooo pretty !!!
    Thank you. The felt ornaments were handmade in Hungary. I started collecting them in 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by JoslynJames View Post
    I decorated my tree with all different types of candy one year. Unfortunately, by the time Christmas rolled around, almost all of the candy was gone from the tree. I can't have candy visible like that to me. It's a weakness.
    I have the same problem, Joslyn lol. That is why all of the candy and treats on the tree are made from plastic (but look real!)
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoslynJames View Post
    I decorated my tree with all different types of candy one year. Unfortunately, by the time Christmas rolled around, almost all of the candy was gone from the tree. I can't have candy visible like that to me. It's a weakness.
    That brought back a very old memory. When I was little, my mother would make gingerbread men to hang on the tree. We would also hang candy canes and little foil wrapped chocolate balls that looked like Christmas ornaments. With three kids, the tree started looking pretty bare. After that Christmas my mother made the rule of "No eating off the tree until Boxing day!" I'm kind of surprised that we kids controlled ourselves as much as we did.

I would love to see a pic once your done. The idea sounds very interesting

That sounds like an interesting idea. I'd like to see the outcome of it! Good luck .