Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Papa's 2012 Christmas Wonderland

wow, what a gorgeous display; it shows you are really into it with the details and all.

Congrats on your weightloss! I know it can be difficult.

sorry for the loss of your beloved Gretchen. Love the name Miss Zelda!

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

Looking forward to seeing your progress as you decorate this year, Papa! Your railroad is so beautiful, and has become somewhat of a Christmas Tradition for us all, I think!

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I think you're right! at least for me. Papa Christmas' and Crazy Mike's; I look forward to both of them now, each year.

Congratulations on your weight loss. I always look forward to your Christmas decorations.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    Normally I start the first of November but this year I'm traveling to Ohio to visit with Family so I won't get started until the tenth.
    Oh, I can hardly wait for the photos!

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments.
    I was beginning to wonder if I would ever get started this year.
    I was getting kind of depressed about the daunting task ahead of me when a very dear friend reminded me that I am Papa Christmas so I unfurled my cape and dusted off the PC emblazoned across my chest and dove head first into the task at hand.

The Study

This tree is my oldest tree about 8 or 9 years old I think and after i unfolded and shaped the first section I plugged it in and poof all the lights fried no blown fuse every single light was black inside so off to Lowe's I went to get a replacement.They still make the same tree a GE"Just Cut" 7.5 foot Frasier Fir now it only has 900 lights instead of the 1250 mine had.It is also one of a new line of trees with Easy Shape Technology the claim is you don't have to shape it and it sets up in minutes.

Well it only took about 15 minutes to get this far and it looked pretty good.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

I love the realistic look of the branches on these Just Cut line of trees.

This tree is about 90 % Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments.

Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Here are pics of the rest of the study it's almost done but I can't finnish until my Thanksgiving guests leave because we are using the hide a bed.

Papa_Christmas

Oh Papa Christmas - I'm happy that you've finally started!!!
    Sorry about your tree, but the new one is LOVLEY! I've had real trees that look less full than that!
    I love all your trees, but this one is definitly near the top of my list - it's so well put together - and all the other touches around the room look great too! Can't wait to see the rest of the decorations as you put them up!

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Looking beautiful as always Papa..

santa_eating_cookies-1738.gif
    Merry Christmas to all...