Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Papa's 2012 Christmas Wonderland

Papa's 2012 Christmas Wonderland

Hello old friends and welcome aboard new members. I知 still a few weeks away from starting this year痴 decorations but I thought I would go ahead and start my annual thread.

Last year at this time papa was sporting quite the Santa figure at nearly 300 pounds and a nearly white beard to hide my extra chins. In February I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes but I知 pleased to report that as of this posting I知 down to 215 pounds due to diet and exercise and I feel better than I have in years.

Most of you know I spend about 4 months a year consumed by Christmas .During the other 8 months I am working on my O scale Model Railroad Layout. The layout known as The Ohio North Coast Railroad has somewhat of a Christmas theme as the backdrop is comprised of Department 56 Christmas in the City buildings.
    I have wanted to add some kind of winter scene for a while so this year I have created Christmas Mountain.

oncrr-0292.jpgoncrr-0293.jpgoncrr-0294.jpgoncrr-0296.jpg
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Her are a few more.

oncrr-0297.jpgoncrr-0298.jpgoncrr-0299.jpg

I no longer have a website but if you are interested in my progress you can view the entire project from day 1 up to what I知 currently working on here

http://www.photobucket.com/oncrr

the password is papa3rail

Eventually I would like to add my comments along with the pictures but as I am up to 409 some images right now that will be a task I will slowly have to pick away at.

Some of you may also remember we lost are 12 year old Weimaraner Gretchen last year just before Christmas .This June we got another from Weimaraner Rescue so here is our new baby Miss Zelda.

0007.jpg
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

wow Papa this is just absolutely beautiful
    amazing

and very good you lost some pounds I'm sure you're much more healthier now

cute Zelda
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Congrats Papa on the weight loss....keep it up...

and your train layout is as beautiful as ever. Love it..
    Merry Christmas to all...

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    All good stuff!!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Love it all Papa! I am diabetic also and have lost some weight over the past few years. Still need to lose another 25!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

It all looks beautiful Papa As expected
    And I'm very happy about your weight loss Good job

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I think I'll faint. You are so industrious! It's fantastic!

Congratulations on the weight loss.

Another beautiful dog! I'm sorry for your loss of Gretchen.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Hi Papa, I am happy to hear that you have been able to loose all that weight. I am sorry that I missed the posts last year when you lost Gretchen. Zelda is a beautiful girl

I love your new additions to your Christmas wonderland. Looking forward to all of the setting up pics in the coming weeks

Congrats on the weight loss, Papa! That's awesome, and so is your train set up, as usual. I'm really looking forward to seeing your beautiful Christmas decorations again.