Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas confectionary

Christmas confectionary

This is about those items that are released for christmas. The two that come to mind for me in the UK are the confectionary variety packs, where popular chocolate bars are sold together in a festive-themed wrapped tray, usually for for a price greater than it would cost to buy them individually.

And then there are the Terry's Chocolate Oranges, and the variations thereof. I've seen white chocolate 'snowballs' and there is usually a trial variety of crunchy chocolate such as mint or honey crisp.

Do you have any others?
    Last edited by Moley; 08-30-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Ribbon candy
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Lindt makes spiced hazelnut treats; almonds too I think. Last year, I didn't see them at the usual place and then after Christmas I saw them at National liquidators! Boxes and boxes of them; something must have happened w/the shipping.

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

Sometimes there are special edition Toblerone as well, but it's too early to have spotted them.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    They seem to come out with different flavored powdered hot chocolate. I also only ever see peppermint bark at Christmas time.

:gingerbread:

this year for christmas were making snow men cookies for santa heres the Recipe

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty CrockerŽ sugar cookie mix
    2 tablespoons Gold MedalŽ all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1 egg
    21 pretzel sticks, broken in half 1 container
    (12 oz) Betty CrockerŽ Whipped fluffy white frosting Assorted candies

• 1 Heat oven to 375°F.
    • In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
    • Shape dough into 21 (1 1/4-inch) balls, 21 (1-inch) balls and 21 (3/4-inch) balls.
    • For each snowman, place 3 balls in decreasing sizes with edges just touching on ungreased cookie sheet;
    • flatten balls slightly. Place snowmen about 3 inches apart.
    • Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
    • Remove from oven; immediately insert pretzel sticks into sides of middle balls for arms.
    • Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
    • Frost cookies and decorate with candies.

And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Hi All,

I love Christmas and everything about Christmas. In fact, most of my friends think I am insane, because I set my Christmas tree up in August. I just tell them I would leave it up all year but I enjoy the tradition of listening to Christmas carols while setting up the tree.

Anyhow, the reason I am posting is that I am after ideas. I want to set up a Christmas scene made entirely from food. I will be making the following:

Christmas Tree Croquembouche
    Angel dolly varden cake
    3d reindeer made from chocolate biscuits
    gingerbread sleigh
    fairy floss snow
    candy popcorn tinsel for the croquembouche
    toffee apple santa
    pavlova houses with white chocolate roof
    cake pop snowmen and
    macarons to spell out Merry Christmas

Does anyone have any ideas of what else I could add. Possibly something to make the presents for under the tree or a favourite recipe for chocolate biscuits (need to be a dough that gets rolled out to use cookie cutters on)

Mixed nuts in their shells, tangerines, lots of varieties of cheese and cracker, gingerbread everything

Quote Originally Posted by xmasjules View Post
    Hi All,

I love Christmas and everything about Christmas. In fact, most of my friends think I am insane, because I set my Christmas tree up in August. I just tell them I would leave it up all year but I enjoy the tradition of listening to Christmas carols while setting up the tree.

Anyhow, the reason I am posting is that I am after ideas. I want to set up a Christmas scene made entirely from food. I will be making the following:

Christmas Tree Croquembouche
    Angel dolly varden cake
    3d reindeer made from chocolate biscuits
    gingerbread sleigh
    fairy floss snow
    candy popcorn tinsel for the croquembouche
    toffee apple santa
    pavlova houses with white chocolate roof
    cake pop snowmen and
    macarons to spell out Merry Christmas

Does anyone have any ideas of what else I could add. Possibly something to make the presents for under the tree or a favourite recipe for chocolate biscuits (need to be a dough that gets rolled out to use cookie cutters on)
    Hate to sound stupid but what is a croquembouche?
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Hate to sound stupid but what is a croquembouche?
    Croquembouche is proffiteroles, filled with custard cream and then dipped in toffee and shaped into a cone shape (it looks like a Christmas tree).