Thread: How lights are used in christmas?

Hybrid View

charle123 Guest

How lights are used in christmas?

Lights are used as a tradition in Christmas. many type of Christmas lights are used to lit the tree. I also want to buy some lights to decorate my Christmas tree this year. Can any one tell me about good light making company so that i can buy good lights for Christmas?

I personally have never paid much attention to the brand of lights I buy (normally whatever is on sale or inexpensive). When it comes to the tree, I think you are only dealing with two types of string lights .. multicolored or simple white. I am a fan of white lights (paired with brightly colored ornaments)</i> but everyone has their own tastes.

If you plan to decorate the exterior of your house, of course make sure you use out-door lights, but I would say away from the *new* Solar powered Christmas Lights. I tried them last year and wasn't too happy with them, they save you on the electric bill but they never really get as "bright" as tradition plug lights. For lack of a better word they were Dull. Everyone on my street puts lights on the house, so it was a row of brightly colored homes and then my 'dull' lighting. I ended up having to go back out and buy normal out-door lights.

Someone else may have had a different experience though.

"I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwig View Post

.....but I would say away from the *new* Solar powered Christmas Lights. I tried them last year and wasn't too happy with them, they save you on the electric bill but they never really get as "bright" as tradition plug lights. For lack of a better word they were Dull. Everyone on my street puts lights on the house, so it was a row of brightly colored homes and then my 'dull' lighting. I ended up having to go back out and buy normal out-door lights.

Someone else may have had a different experience though.

For the very first time I have come across the outdoor solar Christmas lights. In fact the shops are 'flooded' with them this year here in Australia. I have been so tempted to get some and try them out ... BUT after reading your post am not so sure.

HOWEVER .. it seems a great idea for us in Australia as we will be in the height of summer for Christmas and with long, hot sunshine days ... maybe they would be fully charged and not so dull as for you with limited sunshine in the winter months.

If I do get some will let you know ..... anyone else as to how these perform in particular for those of us in the southern hemisphere ??...

Here in Sweden LED products are becoming more usual now. It saves a lot of power consuption. Here we can use grounden 220V outside but i know in other countries this is not okay, they have to use low voltage.